The Centenary Award gives annual bursaries to pay up to 75% of course fees for selected postgraduate students studying agriculture at master's or PhD level. Read more Read less
NFU Mutual is running the scheme to help create a long-standing legacy for the future, and highlight the commitment it has to young people and the countryside.
At a glance
- Funding valueAnnual bursary of up to 75% of course tuition fees
- Suitable for Applicants fromEU, UK, Rest of World
- DeadlineOn going
- Funding provider(s)NFU Mutual Charitable Trust
What it coversAnnual bursary of up to 75% of course tuition fees.
Who can apply
To be eligible for the Centenary Award, applicants:
- Must have gained (or are currently expected to gain) at least a 2:1 degree in agriculture or a related area; and
- Been accepted (or provisionally accepted) on a postgraduate agricultural course (master's or PhD) in the British Islands, commencing in the Autumn intake.
In addition to this, your course of study should feature at least one of the three areas of interest below as the main part of your programme:
- Sustainable agriculture and climate change,
- International agricultural development,
- The application of science and innovative technology to the agricultural industry.
This funding opportunity is applicable to PhD courses at Cranfield University. Please see the 'Who can apply' section for more information.
The Trust is looking to award agricultural leaders of the future, and you will be required to demonstrate your long-term career aspirations and how your course will benefit UK agriculture when applying for the award.
If you’re successful in receiving a bursary you will be asked to write a report at the end of your course of study. This will help to explain how your work will benefit the agricultural industry at large.
How to apply
To apply, simply download the application guidelines document and the application form from the NFU Mutual website and send your completed application form to email@example.com. You will receive an automated reply from NFU Mutual’s ‘Centenary Award mailbox’ to acknowledge receipt of your email.
Applications usually close at the end of April each year.