The Perry Foundation is a registered UK charity with the objectives of promoting education and research connected with agriculture or food production for the benefit of the public. Read more Read less
Perry Foundation Awards are a maximum of £12,000 for each year of the duration of the PhD project and normally for three or four years. Awards will only be offered when the university, college or research establishment has provided assurances that the necessary balance of funding to complete the full duration of the project will be made available.
At a glance
- Funding valueUp to £12,000 per annum
- Suitable for Applicants fromUK, EU, Rest of World
- DeadlineOn going
- Funding provider(s)The Perry Foundation
What it coversUp to £12,000 towards the cost of PhD study.
This funding opportunity is applicable to PhD courses at Cranfield University. Please see the 'Who can apply' section for more information.
Who can apply
Students must be undertaking PhD research in an agriculture-related discipline. The awards are normally open to graduates holding a first or upper second class honours degree in an appropriate subject. Candidates sitting final examinations during the summer of the year for which the application is made will be considered but awards will be subject to a satisfactory examination result.
- The closing date for submissions is 31 October each year for PhDs commencing in September of the following year.
- The Perry Foundation Grants Committee evaluates the applications and selects a shortlist.
- Applicants are informed of the outcome before end of November.
- Shortlisted applicants may be asked to attend an interview in the following January.
- Successful applicants and their university/institute will be advised of the success or failure of the application within a month of the interview.
- Trustees appoint a mentor for each successful project.
How to apply
Visit the Perry Foundation website to download the application form. The deadline for applications is in October each year.
The completed application form, plus CV and any covering letter, must be sent by email to the Perry Foundation Secretary, Gordon Bennett: email@example.com.