Cranfield University has partnered with the General Sir John Monash Foundation to support outstanding Australian candidates. The John Monash Scholarships recognise excellence and leadership, and celebrate one of Australia’s finest leaders: General Sir John Monash.Read more Read less
Each year the Scholarships are awarded to outstanding Australian graduates to enable them to study for a Masters or Doctoral degree at the world’s best universities. Successful applicants have shown excellence in their field, demonstrated leadership skills, and have a vision for how they can contribute to a better Australia.
The Scholarships support any postgraduate degree however the applicant must be able to argue the merits of the chosen course and institution. The John Monash Scholarships are not limited by age, gender, academic field of study or choice of overseas university.
At a glance
- Funding value$AUD70,000 per year plus full or part fee waiver from Cranfield University
- Suitable for Applicants fromRest of World
- Deadline01 Aug 2018
- Funding provider(s)General Sir John Monash Foundation and Cranfield University
What it covers
Full or part fee waiver from Cranfield University and a John Monash Scholarship valued at AUD $70,000 per year for a maximum of three years.
Who can apply
To be eligible to apply for a John Monash Scholarship you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen;
- Have completed or be about to complete an undergraduate degree from an Australian University, and;
- Be planning to undertake postgraduate study at an overseas university commencing in the calendar year following the year of application and selection.
The Scholarships support any postgraduate degree however the Applicant must be able to argue the merits of the chosen course and institution.
At Cranfield University all Masters courses are eligible apart from the below exclusions.
Exclusions: All Cranfield School of Management Masters courses, MSc Advanced Motorsport Engineering, MSc Aerospace Vehicle Design, MSc Thermal Power, MSc Battlespace Technology.
The John Monash Scholarships are not limited by age, gender, or academic field of study.
This funding opportunity is applicable to many courses, please see the 'Who can apply' section for more information.
In awarding John Monash Scholarships, factors considered include:
- Excellence in the candidate’s field of study – This is usually demonstrated by having completed or be about to complete a university degree or degrees with outstanding results, but can also be demonstrated through prizes, awards, conference presentations, publications, performance and exhibitions (for arts candidates);
- leadership and citizenship – Candidates should demonstrate leadership experience or potential in the field of study, professional environment and/or the community.
- research project or study program – Specific, well-developed case for support for the candidate’s study to be conducted at an overseas university. Applicants will need to justify why this is the right program, at the right point in their career, at the right institution.
- proposed career pathway– Candidates must present a credible and concrete pathway, addressing an issue the applicant is passionate about, and which will be of benefit to Australia; and
- two references: outlining the applicants abilities and endorsing the proposed course of study.
How to apply
To consider applying, a candidate and their (two) referees should believe they have demonstrated excellence in their field, together with the ability to lead in the private or public sector.
They must believe that completing a postgraduate qualification at an outstanding institution in another country would give them recognition, skills, and networks that equip them for a leadership role in or for Australia in coming decades.
For more information and to make an application please visit the Foundation website.