The JN Tata Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship at the beginning of the course to Indian nationals for full-time postgraduate/PhD/postdoctoral studies, in all fields, irrespective of caste, creed, gender or community. Read more Read less
The amount to be awarded to each scholar by way of the loan scholarship is determined on the basis of the norms laid down for the purpose, and ranges between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-. All selected applicants do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount.
The selected scholars may also request a gift scholarship and travel assistance from our allied Trusts, which will be decided at the sole discretion of the Trustees of the Trusts concerned. A gift scholarship can be for a maximum amount of Rs.7,50,000/- and the travel grant can be a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
At a glance
- Funding valueUp to Rs.10,00,000
- Suitable for Applicants fromRest of World
- DeadlineOn going
- Funding provider(s)JN Tata Endowment Scheme
What it covers
The amount to be awarded to each scholar by way of the loan scholarship is determined on the basis of the norms laid down for the purpose, and ranges between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-.
Who can apply
Applicants should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognised Indian university, with a consistently good academic record and other achievements to their credit. Students in the final year of their degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply. Candidates may apply even if they do not have the relevant admission/offer letters at the time of making the application from the universities to which they have applied for the next academic year. Candidates may, therefore, update their application status with the Endowment once they secure admission. Mid-career professionals up to the age of 45, with a good academic record and experience in their fields, specialisation or training may also apply.
This funding opportunity is applicable to many courses, please see the 'Who can apply' section for more information.
- The candidate and the guarantor (preferably a parent or a relative with the capacity to repay the loan) will have to visit the Administrative Office of the Endowment, by prior appointment, to complete the necessary formalities after obtaining a visa.
- They will be required to enter into a legal agreement with the Trustees and provide documentary evidence of the capacity of the guarantor to repay the loan.
- Candidates are allowed to repay in five equal instalments of 20% of the loan scholarship between third and seventh year. Candidates must begin to repay earlier than year three if they have started earning.
How to apply
Applications usually close in March each year.