Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society.
Scholarships are granted at top American, European and UK institutions for funding requirements, including tuition fees. The Foundation does not award scholarships for more than US$100,000.
At a glance
- Funding valueUp to $US100,000
- Suitable for Applicants fromRest of World
- Deadline15 Apr 2019
- Funding provider(s)Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation
What it covers
The Foundation does not award scholarships for more than US$100,000. If the total funding required (tuition + living allowance) exceeds US$100,000, candidates must show evidence that they have the ability to cover full funding for their course at the time of their interviews in May/June.
Who can apply
- Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who are resident in India at the time of application. Candidates are normally expected to hold a good first degree from a recognised university in India. Indian citizens who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognised university outside India must have resided continuously and been employed or been studying in India for at least two years after their under-graduation. People who have a postgraduate degree (e.g. master’s or PhD) from a university outside India are not eligible, and those who have started but not completed a postgraduate degree outside India are also not eligible.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the chosen institution and course. The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be top rank.
- Candidates must be below 30 years of age on 1 July in the year of application. Candidates who are already studying or have started their programme abroad are not eligible.
This funding opportunity is applicable to many courses, please see the 'Who can apply' section for more information.
The scholarship covers, for the period granted, tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel. In the case of scholarship requirement above $100,000 (or equivalent) for tuition + living allowance, candidates must show evidence of funding, for the balance of costs, at the time of interviews in May or June. In the case of specific programmes, the financial coverage will be discussed. directly with the candidate.
The Foundation does not award scholarships in the following subjects: engineering, computer science, business studies, medicine, public health, fashion design, music and film animation.
Acceptance of other scholarships, teaching assistantships and part-time jobs are welcome after approval from the Foundation.
Scholarships will not be awarded to candidates whose proposed course of study or specific project requires field trips back to India during tenure.
Scholarships are awarded in May/June generally for commencement in subsequent September and October. Any scholarship not commenced within nine months will be forfeited.
How to apply
Application forms are available online from the Foundation website. They are also available from the 10 January to 15 April from the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation, C/O Inlaks India Foundation, 86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point Mumbai 400021. They must be completed by the candidate and submitted to the same address by 15 April.