“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that” - Thomas Edison, 1931Read more Read less
Each hour 430 quintillion Joules of energy from the sun hits the Earth. That's 430 with 18 zeroes after it. In comparison, the total amount of energy that allhumans use in a year is 410 quintillion Joules.
This course will introduce you to some of the research, upcoming technologies and state-of-the-art materials across both PV and CSP and future trends used to harness this valuable source of energy.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration8 hours over 4 days
- Cost£250 Concessions available
Course structureThe course is delivered online over 4 days, 2 hours per day
What you will learnThis course you will provide the know-how of the changing scenario of energy harvesting technologies, and introduce you to many start-up companies working in this emerging sector.
- Introduction to solar PV and CSP – global outlook & applications,
- Key technology of solar PV and CSP – types & components,
- State of the art current research / research breakthroughs,
- Future trends of solar PV and CSP.
Who should attend
- MSc and PhD students,
- Researchers and academics,
- Data scientists, technical experts, engineers.
SpeakersDr Sagar Jain
ConcessionsDiscounts are available for multiple bookings.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.