This course provides support solutions specialists with the leadership and operational skills required for designing, developing and delivering effective support solutions and through-life capability management (TLCM).
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Examine leadership attributes and behaviours in the delivery of through-life capability and system sustainment.
- Evaluate the skills required for delivering service value.
- Evaluate the skills required for managing relationships and partnerships.
- Examine the management of the skills and knowledge required for delivering successful through-life system sustainment (TLSS).
- Examine the leadership and skills required for change management in TLCM and TLSS.
- Examine best practice in delivery of successful system sustainment and the leadership and skills that have delivered success.
- Review leadership roles and responsibilities in TLCM and TLSS.
- Values, attitudes and behaviours necessary for effective TLCM & TLSS.
- Characteristics, scope, purpose and roles and responsibilities.
- Service value: measurement of performance, critical success factors, cost elements, improving time scales, benchmarking, value for money and solutions development.
- Service skills: tools and techniques for performance improvement, process re-engineering, situation analysis, problem analysis, problem-solving, decision-making, lean principles, total quality management for project and programme management.
- The role of psychometrics and use in leadership and management.
- The service support skills of negotiation, consultancy, facilitation, coaching, communication, team working and leadership.
- The role of "self" in managing and leading change.
- Resistance to change and sustainability of change – the role of cultures.
- The diverse nature of organisations and how people, management and strategy are influenced by internal and external factors.
- Change management, including change in failure in service support and sustainment environments.
- Pre-requisites for successful change.
- Performance management approaches to drive successful implementation and change
Who should attend
This course is intended for leaders, managers, champions and members of asset management teams, with responsibility for any physical assets or infrastructure that are important in the delivery of the organisation.
It is suitable for people in any industry sector, public or private (e.g. process or manufacturing, transport, utilities, buildings/facilities management, defence, mining, oil and gas etc). Most attendees will have between one and five years in their role, and their ambition will be to improve their influence in their employers’ asset stewardship and value contribution.
20% discount for Cranfield Alumni.
10% discount when registering 3 or more delegates, from the same organisation at the same time.
Accommodation fees are not included in the discount scheme. Please ask about our discount scheme at time of booking.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.