Develop the skills of critical evaluation which should be applied to all outputs from GIS analysis and understand the concepts and practice of GIS customisation.Read more Read less
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this short course you will:
- Assess the quality of geographic data.
- Select appropriate processing methods for various types of spatial data.
- Analyse the requirements of a proposed application and synthesise an appropriate solution.
- Develop scripts to efficiently run complex/time consuming processes.
- GIS Theory - Handling non-standard formats of geographic data. Error and uncertainty in geographic data.
- Spatial analysis: multi criteria analysis, hydrological modelling, digital terrain modelling, network analysis, linear referencing.
- Python scripting concepts.
- The Python editor in ArcGIS and as a standalone program.
- Python syntax.
- Scripting procedures.
- Variable, constants and data types.
- Writing simple scripts.
- Error handling.
- Processing files.
- The object model in GIS.
- Introduction to ArcGIS Professional.
Upgrade to a professional qualificationCranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points.
SpeakersMr Tim Brewer
20% discount for Cranfield alumni
£1340 - Professional/trade association discount
£1280 - Multiple bookings*
* Minimum of 5 delegates.
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.