During this course, emphasis will be given to the role of GIS in modelling environmental systems and the programming tools available to develop applications. Read more Read less
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost5-day short course fees: £1400 - Standard (20% discount for Cranfield alumni, 10% discount for colleagues of alumni) £1340 - Professional/trade association discount £1280 - Multiple bookings* * Minimum of 5 delegates.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this short course you will:
- Assess the quality of geographic data
- Undertake advanced spatial analyses
- Analyse the requirements of a proposed application and synthesise an appropriate solution
- Customise a GIS.
- Spatial analysis: multi criteria analysis, hydrological modelling, network analysis, linear referencing
- Main conceptual features of a Windows application
- Analysis of the requirements of a proposed application
- Synthesis of an appropriate solution
- The Visual Basic (VB) editor
- Programming controls including menus and dialogs
- Programming procedures
- Variables, constants and data types
- Write simple applications
- Error handling
- Menu design
- Processing files
- The object model in GIS.
Upgrade to a professional qualificationCranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points.
SpeakersMr Tim Brewer
Accommodation options and prices
Accommodation is available at Mitchell Hall which is located on campus. All rooms are en-suite and bookings are on a half-board basis from Sunday to Friday. If you would like to book accommodation for this short course at Mitchell Hall, please indicate this on the registration form and we will arrange this for you.
Alternatively, you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.