Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
This module will enhance student’s knowledge and understanding of the development and functioning of risk management and mitigation in the context of terrorism and counterterrorism. The module will outline methods for assessing vulnerabilities associated with those threats, assessing specific risks, and how to make decisions about how to manage and mitigate these. The scope of the methods includes reducing direct and indirect damage across a range of different attack risks.
At a glance
- 18 - 22 Jan 2021
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
£1,370 - Accredited Short Course Fee
£350 per/day - Standalone Short Course Fee
What you will learn
On successful completion of the course the student will be able to:
- To develop an understanding of terrorism risk management through risk identification, measurement, management and mitigation,
- To develop a critical understanding of the nature and importance of effective risk management processes,
- An ability to assess the techniques associated with risk identification, estimation, evaluation and management in the context of terrorism and related threats,
- To evaluate the opportunities and challenges in applying techniques of risk management and mitigation with regard to terrorism and related threats,
- To appraise and develop mitigation strategies for various terrorism scenarios.
- The concept, development and characteristics of risk management and resilience,
- Risk assessment and risk management techniques,
- Understanding terrorist threats, decision-making and attack planning,
- Insights & lessons from situational crime prevention,
- Case studies in terrorism risk management,
- Risk mitigation and resilience in the context of terrorism threats,
- Future trends and issues for terrorism risk management and mitigation.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this course 20 credits can be put towards the Counterterrorism MSc or Counterterrorism, Risk Management and Resilience MSc
Cranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.