This module aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to research topics relating to the course and prepare written work for assessment.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- use the library resources to research a topic relating to their course of study and review the information found critically;
- utilise appropriate study, technical writing, and referencing skills to produce a written piece of work in a standard format and in response to a set question;
- submit their work to the CDS VLE and interpret the Turnitin originality report;
- understanding the importance of the originality report and the penalties resulting from proven misconduct.
IT, VLE and blackboard induction,
overview of the course study requirements,
MSc Study Golden Thread – managing your time,
library induction and referencing work,
study skills and research methodology,
technical writing skills,
introduction to the University’s thesis template,
- how to discover quality information.
Location and travel
Cranfield Defence and Security (CDS) is a Cranfield School based at the Ministry of Defence establishment on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders.
Shrivenham itself lies in the picturesque Vale of the White Horse, close to the M4 motorway which links London and South Wales. It is 7 miles from Swindon, the nearest town, which lies off the M4 at the hub of Britain’s motorway network.
Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
All visitors must be pre-booked in at reception by the person they are visiting on the campus.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.