This module can only be taken as part of the Expeditionary Warfare Systems Engineering and Technology MSc (USA).Increase the depth of knowledge in the field of EO/IR technology and give an understanding of the underlying principles. Give an appreciation of the likely future advances in the technology and the importance of this technology in the wider defence system.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration10 days
- LocationNSWC Crane, Indiana, USA
Course structureLectures, tutorials, video demonstrations, computer-based exercises
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
Knowledge and Understanding
- Identify EO/IR systems and analyse the underlying principles and technology
- Analyse the significance of the EO/IR system in the defence context
- Assess the performance of EO/IR systems
- Advanced radiometry and power calculations,
- Modulation transfer function,
- Minimum resolvable temperature difference,
- Advanced digital image processing,
- Laser systems (principles and applications),
- Laser directed energy weapons,
- Laser countermeasures and electro-optic protection measures.
SpeakersProfessor Amer Hameed
Location and travel
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.