Through analysing the field of Cyber Security and Information Assurance (IA), this module will allow you to make use of the concepts that underpin the subject and to appreciate the dependencies between them.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- assess technologies and processes,
- evaluate risk from a nation-state, societal and organisational perspective,
- assess the dependencies between people, process and technology when developing risk mitigation strategies.
- foundations of cyber security and IA,
- strategy, risk theory and practice,
- threats and vulnerabilities,
- governance and management,
- socio-technical perspectives.