Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
This course is designed to teach you how to present the range of approaches to contracting for capability and to tie this back to the legal requirements associated with both national and international law.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
What you will learn• Illustrate the legal framework in which defence contracts are let,
• Describe what constitutes a contract,
• Propose appropriate supplier selection and contracting models for a range of capability requirements,
• Formulate effective relationship managements processes,
• Categorise IPR issues,
• Evaluate issue management procedures.
• Key statute law,
• International aspects, including EU regulations and ITAR,
• Inter-organisational relationships,
• Commercial constructs (incl PPP, partnering and alliances),
• Payment mechanisms,
• Governance and contract management,
• Disputes and termination.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Location and travel
Cranfield Defence and Security (CDS) is a Cranfield School based at the Ministry of Defence establishment on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders.
Shrivenham itself lies in the picturesque Vale of the White Horse, close to the M4 motorway which links London and South Wales. It is 7 miles from Swindon, the nearest town, which lies off the M4 at the hub of Britain’s motorway network.
Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
All visitors must be pre-booked in at reception by the person they are visiting on the campus.
How to apply
Online application form. UK students are normally expected to attend an interview and financial support is best discussed at that time. Overseas and EU students may be interviewed by telephone.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.