To enhance the student’s knowledge, professional understanding and analytical skills necessary to improve and/or transform the governance and management of their defence and security systems.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
What you will learn• Relate grand strategy (policy) to the operational level,
• Apply current management concepts, systems and challenges to the management of defence,
• Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of selected defence management theories and practices,
• Evaluate the relevance of various management practices to students’ current defence systems.
Core content• Defence management,
• Strategic analysis and planning,
• Organisational structure, culture and behaviour,
• Human resource management,
• Financial management,
• Risk management,
• Project management,
• Policy to capability,
• Change management.
Location and travel
Cranfield Defence and Security (CDS) is a Cranfield School based at the Ministry of Defence establishment on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders.
Shrivenham itself lies in the picturesque Vale of the White Horse, close to the M4 motorway which links London and South Wales. It is 7 miles from Swindon, the nearest town, which lies off the M4 at the hub of Britain’s motorway network.
Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
All visitors must be pre-booked in at reception by the person they are visiting on the campus.
How to apply
Online application form. UK students are normally expected to attend an interview and financial support is best discussed at that time. Overseas and EU students may be interviewed by telephone.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.