The aim of this module is to engage its participants in an evaluation of knowledge, its creation, acquisition, storage and diffusion within a defence organisational context.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
What you will learn• Understand the theory of knowledge; critically examine general classifications of knowledge, and associated organisational typologies,
• Identify thinking and learning styles,
• Evaluate organisational learning concepts,
• Evaluate knowledge management concepts and practice,
• Evaluate knowledge management strategies and their development.
Core content• Understanding knowledge and what it is- how we think and how we learn,
• Concept of organisational learning and knowledge management practice,
• Knowledge (information) management strategies,
• Impediments to learning,
• Communities of practice,
• Research practice.
Location and travel
Cranfield Defence and Security (CDS) is a Cranfield School based at the Ministry of Defence establishment on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders.
Shrivenham itself lies in the picturesque Vale of the White Horse, close to the M4 motorway which links London and South Wales. It is 7 miles from Swindon, the nearest town, which lies off the M4 at the hub of Britain’s motorway network.
Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
All visitors must be pre-booked in at reception by the person they are visiting on the campus.
How to apply
Please complete the online application form.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.