The research and development activities at the Cranfield Forensic Institute (CFI) are of the highest quality, with publications in the best journals and formal collaborations with the likes of Harvard University and the J. Paul Getty Trust.
Our new laboratory facility is unique in the UK: we provide a research environment coupled with forensic contamination and audit control.
CFI’s expertise, particularly in the area of materials analysis applied to forensic science, provides high-value consultancy for casework and testing that is high margin and supports the other activities.
We collaborate across multiple research areas of interest, including but not limited to:
- Bioarchaeology and Forensic Anthropology,
- Materials Characterisation,
- Counterterrorism, Intelligence, Risk and Resilience,
- International Security and Law,
- Digital Forensics,
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN),
- Advanced Materials for Protective Engineering: Blast and Ballistics,
- Advanced Imagery.
If you are interested in applying for a for a research degree with the Cranfield Forensic Institute, more information can be found on the research degrees web page.