Choosing your Master's degree in Agrifood
Cranfield has been providing teaching, research and consultancy in the area of agrifood for more than 50 years.
Our specialised technology courses in Agrifood are principally science-based. They are designed for engineering and technology careers in the sustainability, technical, product and supply chain sectors. Students study the essential management aspects of their subject through MSc lectures and typically progress to become expert technologists in business or progress to research careers.
If you are passionate about food and interested in any of the following areas, you have found the right university to develop your postgraduate studies.
Our Agrifood MSc courses include:
Why study Agrifood with us
- Cranfield University is the only solely postgraduate university in the UK, which means that every single lecture and practical session is specifically tailored and designed at MSc level and is not an extension of previous material taught in undergraduate degrees.
- Our courses and assessment methods are specifically developed to solve real industrial problems. You will work under industrial work environments in teams for your Group Projects, learning about project management and developing solutions to real world problems in your MSc thesis.
- You will be taught in collaboration with industry. We offer a week of teaching that is delivered by industrial speakers in an industrial environment in London.
- Our courses are informed by our Industrial Advisory Panel (IAP) and regularly evolve to adapt to industry needs.
- Our courses are unique providing our students with top teaching in areas including technology and management.
- We offer greater amounts of management science within the curriculum.Here, bespoke management modules support a technically-oriented core and are taught jointly with our colleagues in the School of Management.
- From 2020/21, our new Capstone MSc will provide a grounding in the principles of environmental sustainability and offer you a set of routes through environment and agrifood with even more flexibility over module choice, providing either a tailored or more generic grounding in environmental sustainability. This has been introduced to help you move with ease between sectors in your future career.
A further option is to study an MBA directly after your MSc. We have arranged for a 50% discount on the full-time MBA for those progressing from their technical Master’s at Cranfield, making this a highly attractive and powerful combination of specialist technology and management training from a world leading institution.
Our MScs open doors to careers in industry, public research establishments and university research. Successful, motivated graduates are expected to move swiftly into positions within government, NGOs and research companies/institutes to engage in roles involving research, management, governance, communication and social responsibility.
Previous students have gone on to jobs within prestigious institutions including: Unilever, PepsiCo, GlaxoSmithKline, Warburtons, Discovery Foods, Sanofi Aventis , Rothamsted Research, The Welcome Trust Sanger Institute , EBI, Pubgene.
94% of graduates* finding a job before the end of the programme or less than six months after graduation, joining one of our courses at Cranfield may be a life changing experience that will boost your chances of succeeding in your future career in the fast-pace ever-changing agrifood sector.
*(based on those for whom we hold data. Source: DLHE 2017 Collections).
Our Careers Service plays a pivotal networking role across the University, working closely with students, staff and potential employers to enhance student employability skills and their career opportunities.
We also offer our alumni a lifelong continuation service for their career development.
Learn more about career opportunities on our Agrifood Careers page.
When you chose to study at Cranfield you become part of our diverse, dynamic and unique global alumni network.
Key facts about Agrifood at Cranfield
- We received a 2017 Queen's Anniversary Prize for our work in large-scale soil and environmental data for the sustainable use of natural resources.
- We completed a £10m infrastructure programme for two UK Government-funded Agritech centres.
- We secured funding for a £3.2m Agri-informatics facility, due for completion in 2018.
- We established the Cranfield Institute of Environmental and Agricultural Informatics.