Environment at Cranfield
At Cranfield we are passionate about the Environment. Our strengths range from environmental governance and risk, to food security. We work with environmental agencies, governments and agriculture and food companies, to ensure that our environmental research benefits all in society.
We believe that environmental problems can be alleviated through technological innovation and risk management. Cranfield experts are using state of the art technology (robots and autonomous vehicles) to monitor environmental change. We are investigating atmospheric emissions to understand their impact on the environment. Our unique soil datasets and sensor-based diagnostics is being used to provide new solutions for improving precision agriculture and soil health. We lead strategic thinking to help identify risks and opportunities in our environment.
The Environment Programme
Our postgraduate Environment programme, including specialist masters courses and national doctoral programmes, gives the leaders of the future the skills and industry experience they need to make a difference in their environmental sector.
“We train talented and outstanding individuals looking to enhance, protect and make a difference to the way our environment is being managed.”
Our near-industrial scale research facilities are unparalleled. These are combined with continual and substantive investment in our students, staff and infrastructure.
Masters Courses and Doctoral Programme
Within the Environment Programme we offer a selection of well-established MSc courses with specific focus on environmental technology, management and engineering.
Our MSc courses
- Cleantech Entrepreneurship - playing a vital role in developing successful low carbon economies worldwide
- Geographical Information Management - providing a balanced coverage of the key GIS technologies
- Environmental Management for Business - equipping students to evaluate environmental issues and contribute to the economic and policy decision making process
- Environmental Engineering - equipping students with the knowledge and skills to solve a wide range of challenges in a career in an environmental engineering
- Land Reclamation and Restoration - providing the knowledge and skills required to bridge the gap between damaged land and fully restored ecosystems
- Atmospheric Emission Technology - improving air quality through the control of pollutant emissions is a high priority and global challenge.