As a mentor with Cranfield's Career mentoring programme, you can give advice and share your professional experiences with current students. Sharing your knowledge and experiences can help them with their professional career choices - it's an opportunity for you to provide advice and feedback to someone who can really use your help. It’s also an opportunity to learn new things and improve your own leadership and management skills.
There are a range of benefits for mentors and the mentor’s organisation. Read about these below:
Benefits for mentors
- Develop communication and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate skills in developing and coaching people.
- Increased recognition from peers.
- Gain new insights and fresh perspectives.
- Extend personal and professional networks.
Benefits for mentors' organisations
- Provide self-development opportunities for the mentor.
- Develop high potential employees.
- Identify potential future leaders.
- Motivate staff.
- Bring new ideas and insights into the organisation.
The registration deadline for the 2021 Career mentoring programme has now passed, the programme will be re-opened to new mentors in March 2022.
If you wish to be informed when the programme re-opens for registrations please complete this form.