Information for Chinese students wishing to study a postgraduate programme at Cranfield University.
Cranfield University has a vibrant international community and has a number of Chinese students studying here across a range of subjects. We currently have 393 students from China (PRC) studying with us.
We have over 1,500 people in our Chinese alumni network. 96% of our graduates are employed or in further study.
A number of Cranfield graduates also hold leading roles in Aero Engine Corporation of China (AECC) including the Head and the Chief Design Engineer of the China Gas Turbine division.
We have strong links with a number of excellent Chinese Universities sponsored by Project 985, Project 211 and Provincial Key Universities, such as Beihang University (BUAA), Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU), Nanjing University Of Aeronautics And Astronautics (NUAA), Jiangsu University and Wuhan University of Science and Technology (WUST).
As an exclusively postgraduate university with a student to teaching staff ratio - 7:1 that is one of the best for any university in the UK and the world, Chinese students at Cranfield benefit from excellent teaching delivered by our world-renowned academics, state-of-the-art facilities and real-life industry projects with leading global organisations.
Cranfield provides a professional working environment but our Chinese students also enjoy campus live and get involved in a wide variety of activities run by Chinese Cranfield Student Association.
Most courses are looking for a UK Honours degree (minimum second class lower) or international equivalent.
We assess all applications individually and consider the equivalence of your qualifications against UK degrees, using advice from UK NARIC, the National Agency responsible for providing information, advice and opinion on qualifications and skills from all over the world.
Requirements for applicants from China (PRC)
For the majority of courses, applicants with a Chinese Bachelor degree (4 years minimum) will meet our general entry requirement.
Applicants for taught MSc courses in the School of Management may be considered for entry if they meet the following requirements:
- Bachelors degree from a Chinese Prestigious University (Project 211 and Project 985) with a minimum overall grade of 80% or 3.2 GPA.
- Bachelor degree from one of the following specialist Business universities with minimum overall grade of 80% or 3.2 GPA:
- Beijing Technology and Business University,
- Capital University of Economics and Business,
- Guangdong University of Foreign Studies,
- Huaqiao University,
- Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics,
- Nanjing Audit University,
- Nanjing University of Finance and Economics,
- Tianjin University of Finance and Economics,
- University of Shanghai for Science and Technology.
- Bachelor degree from another Chinese university with a minimum overall grade of 85% or 3.4 GPA (in exceptional cases applicants will be considered with a minimum overall of 80% or 3.2 GPA in a relevant degree, with good grades in relevant subjects and directly relevant work experience).
Full entry requirements for individual courses can be found on the individual course pages. Please read them carefully as there can sometimes be additional requirements.
English language requirements
To study for a formal award at Cranfield you will need to demonstrate that you can communicate effectively in English in an academic environment. You can meet this requirement in the following ways:
- If you have previously obtained a higher education level qualification from a UK university and have been taught and assessed in English (note that international applicants applying for Master’s courses in Cranfield’s School of Management are required to have studied in the UK for the full duration of the course).
- If you are a national of or have a obtained a higher education level qualification from a country on the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) list of majority English speaking countries:
Antigua and Barbuda Ireland Australia Jamaica The Bahamas Malta Barbados New Zealand Belize St Kitts and Nevis Canada* St Lucia Dominica St Vincent and the Grenadines Grenada Trinidad and Tobago Guyana United States of America
*You will usually be required take an English test if your studies were not taught and assessed in English.
- If you have been continuously employed in the UK for a minimum of five years immediately prior to the start of the course, providing you are able to supply a reference from your current employer which explicitly confirms you are able to communicate effectively in English.
- By providing a satisfactory English test certificate that meets the requirement of the course you have applied for.
Approved English tests
The tests we accept and the University minimum requirements are detailed below. Some courses require a higher test score, please check the course page for details.
- IELTS Academic - 6.5 overall.
- TOEFL - 92 total.
- PTE Academic - 65 overall.
- Cambridge Assessment English tests - Cambridge English Scale score of 180.
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - Pass overall.
English test notes:
- We verify all test scores with the test providers.
- We are only able to accept tests taken within two years of the course start date.
- All elements of the test results must be demonstrated in one test, we are unable to accept a combination of scores across two or more tests.
- In extremely rare circumstances we may reject a test score if one element of the test has a very low score. This would only occur if we believed this would impact on your ability to study with us or if the score did not meet UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requirements to study in the UK.
What can I do if I don't meet the English language requirement for my chosen course?
If you have taken a test but not reached the required score you may be able to attend one of our Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses:
There are a number of funding opportunities available to students from China (PRC) wishing to study at Cranfield including:
- Cranfield Global Manufacturing Leadership Master's Scholarship
- Santander Scholarships Programme (master's)
- Chevening Scholarship
- China Scholarship Council
- Cranfield Postgraduate Loan Scheme
- Future Finance Student Loans
For further information and advice on funding and finance, including how to pay your fees and useful references for international applicants, please visit our Fees and Funding page.
Additional offices in: Beijing,
Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Dalian
|Room 1709, Room 1715, Kerry Center,
Renmin South Road, Shenzhen
|T: + 86 755-2518 1511
|AUG Beijing||Room 768, Guangming Building,
No.42 Liangmaqiao Road,
|T: +86 10 6528 8116
|Beijing New Oriental
Consulting Co Ltd
|Floor 7, No. 6 Haidian Zhongjie
Beijing 100080 China
|T: +86 10 6090 8000
No.1 Xinguang Road,
Additional office in:
Block A, No. 2 Zongfu Road,
|T: +86 13388199565
|Edulink International Co Ltd||24 Hu Zhulu Road
|T: +86 13633819106 (China)
T: +44 1189 653720 (UK)
|Golden Arrow||Room 906, Guozhong Building,
33 Dengzigou Street,
Beijing (near Wangfujing Church,
Additional offices in:
Beijing, Changchun, Changsha, Dalian, Foshan,
Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Henan,
Kunshan, Nanchang, Nanjing, Quanzhou,
Quzhou, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen,
Wuhan, Yuncheng, Zhengzhou,
|T: 4000800516 (China national hotline)
T: +86 010-65273033
|Gostudy Education Institute||Room 1115, 11/F, Block A
Digital Building, No 2, South Street
Zhongguancun, Haidan District,
Additional offices in:
|T: +86 010-5162-738
(iHorizon Group Limited)
|51offer Shanghai Head Office
(located in Xuhui Riverside area)
12th Floor, Hanghui building (zone B)
600 Yunjin Rd, xuhui District
Shanghai, China 200232
51offer Shanghai VIP Counselling Service Centre
Rooms 707-708, 7/F, 2 Grand Gateway,
3 Hongqiao Rd, Xuhui District
Shanghai, China 200030
|T: 4006152656 (China national hotline)
T: +86 (21) 6428 2096 8078
|Index Education Services||Room 506 Longyu International Business Square
239 Hengfeng Rd
Additional office in Nanjing
|JJL (Overseas Education
Consulting & Service Co. Ltd)
Beijing Jianguomenwai Avenue
Yongan Dongli Miyang
Building 5 (Yong'an subway C port 50 meters south)
Additional offices in:
Beijing, Shanghai, Dalian,Changsha, Changchun,
Guangzhou, Harbin, Hefei,
Hohhot, Ji'nan, Kunming,
Lanzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao,
Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang,
Suzhou, Taiyuan, Tangshan, Tianjin,Wuhan, Xiamen,Xi'an, Zhengzhou
|T: 400-010-8000 (China national hotline)
|Liu Cheng International
No. 1027, Changning Road,
| T: +862120575588
|Power Academy Co., Ltd
(part of OxBridge Holdings, Inc.)
Block A Dong Yu Building (Third Property Building)
No.1 Shuguang Xili Jia
Additional offices are in:
Taiwan, Shanghai, Chengdu and Xi’an.
|Shinyway International||A-4 Dragon Century Plaza,
Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province,
|T: + 86-571-87901122
(Study International UK)
|Room 3605, Ciros Plaza
No. 388 West Nanjing Road
Shanghai 200003, China
|T: +86 (0) 21 53530200
|UKUni||29 Threadneedle Street
EC2R 8AY UK
|T:+44 (0)203 856 8181
|UKEAS||Unit 713 7th Floor,
East Wing of Greenland Centre,
No.596 Middle Long Hua Road,
Shanghai, 200032, China
Additional offices in:
Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Shenzhen,
||UKEC China Headquarters
30th Floor Tower A,
Wast Hope Tianxiand Square,
530 Tianfu Avenue,
Sichuan Province 610000
Additional offices are in:
Beijing, Chongqing, Shanghai, Suzhou,
Xi’an and Xiamen.
31 Hurst Street,
|T: +44(0)121 622 1015
W: www.ukuoffer.co.uk or www.ukuoffer.com
|UVIC||Room 2005, Garden Square,
968 Beijing West Road,
|T: +86 0215 243 3088 400 080 2900
|Wiseway Global Co Ltd|| 11&12A Floor,
Hesheng Jiaye Plaza,
32 Zhongguancun Avenue,
Haidian District, Beijing, P.R. China
Representatives from Cranfield make regular visits to China (PRC). We attend education exhibitions, visit universities and talk to prospective students and their families
You can view our events calendar to find out more when we will next be visiting.
If you are already studying in the UK, our Open Days provide the ideal opportunity to visit the campus and meet staff and students.
UK visa application from China (PRC)
We also offer more advice and guidance on our visa and immigration page. There you will find contact information for the Student Immigration and funding team who can offer support and advise.