The Great Britain-China Educational Trust (GBCET) Chinese Student Award provides up to £3,000 for Chinese students in the third year of a PhD.
GBCET administers its own awards, and also makes awards with funds contributed by the Sino-British Fellowship Trust, the Universities' China Committee in London, and the Han Suyin Trust. The awards are meant to contribute towards applicants' university tuition fees and living expenses.
At a glance
- Funding valueUp to £3,000
- Suitable for Applicants fromRest of World
- DeadlineOn going
- Funding provider(s)Great Britain-China Educational Trust (GBCET)
This funding opportunity is applicable to PhD courses at Cranfield University. Please see the 'Who can apply' section for more information.
What it covers
£3,000 toward the cost of the final year of a PhD.
Who can apply
- Students must be of Chinese nationality (from the PRC including Hong Kong) studying for a PhD in any subject at a UK university. Students must have started their third year before they are eligible to submit their application.
- Students may apply twice for the award, but must wait a year before trying again. Successful awardees cannot apply again. Awards are not renewable.
The Trustees will not consider applications from:
- Undergraduates, or postgraduates enrolled on a taught course, e.g. MA or MSc, or students requiring funding for the first two years of a PhD;
- Chinese nationals attending or giving papers at conferences, conducting fieldwork or taking research trips.
Further informationApplications and enquiries should be addressed to:
Great Britain-China Educational Trust
15 Belgrave Square
How to apply
- Applicants must ensure they are using the current application form, downloaded from this website. Applications submitted on old forms will be rejected. If you cannot download the form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and an up-to-date form can be emailed to you.
- All candidates should complete the application form as fully as possible and ensure it is signed. The form must be signed by three people: the applicant, the applicant's supervisor, and the head of the department.
- Enclose a CV but no more than four pages.
- Include confirmation of any offers of scholarships and other supporting documentation, if appropriate.
- Applicants may enclose on separate sheets any additional information that supports their application.
- The form should be completed in black typescript as it will be photocopied.
- Do not submit double-sided pages - double-side applications will be automatically rejected. This includes the Supervisor's Comments form.
- Do not fax through your form. Please post your form allowing time to meet the deadline. If you email the application you may submit it either in Word, or fixed formats, e.g. PDFs.
- Do not staple the form; it will be photocopied.