Cranfield School of Management consistently performs well in the major school and programme specific rankings, reinforcing our position as a top global management school.
As an exclusively postgraduate university, Cranfield University is excluded from Times Higher Education World Rankings, The Times World Rankings, The Complete University Guide and The Guardian, which focus on helping prospective undergraduate students to compare universities.
Business School rankings
7th in the UK and 30th in Europe in the Financial Times European Business Schools 2017 Rankings.
We have been ranked:
- 2nd in the UK and 14th in the world for International Mobility
- 3rd in the UK for Employment at graduation plus 3 months
- 4th in the UK for Aims achieved
- 6th in the UK and 12th in Europe for post MBA salary.
In the following selected categories we have also been ranked by our own alumni:
QS World University Rankings
In the QS World University Rankings: Global MBA Rankings 2018 Cranfield School of Management's full-time MBA achieved the following rankings:
- 17th in Europe and 40th in the world overall
- 15th in Europe and 35th in the world for return on investment.
3rd in the UK and 10th in the world (outside the US) in Forbes’ ranking of The Best International MBAs: One-Year Programs 2017.
6th in the UK, 16th in Europe and 62nd in the world in the The Economist Which MBA? Full-time MBA ranking 2017.
4th in the UK and 14th in the world in Bloomberg's Best International Business Schools ranking 2016.
Poets & Quants'
13th in the world in Poets & Quants' 2016 ranking for Best International Business Schools.
6th in the UK and 99th in the world in the Financial Times ranking of Executive MBA programmes 2016.
3rd in the UK and 31st in the world in the The Economist Which MBA? Executive MBA ranking 2015.
1st in the UK and 7th in the world in The Economist Which MBA? Masters in Management (MiM) 2017 ranking.
In the Financial Times Masters in Management 2017 ranking Cranfield School of Management’s Management MSc achieved the following rankings:
- 6th in the UK and 49th in the world overall
- 2nd in the UK and 6th in the world for career progress
- 2nd in the UK and 17th in the world for international mobility.
Finance and Management MSc
QS World University Rankings
In the QS World University Rankings: Masters in Finance Rankings 2018 Cranfield School of Management's full-time Finance and Management MSc achieved the following rankings:
- 29th in the world overall
- 27th in the world for employability
- 23rd in the world for alumni outcomes
- 22nd in the world for diversity.
In the Financial Times Masters in Finance Pre-experience ranking 2017 Cranfield School of Management's Finance and Management MSc achieved the following rankings:
- 6th in the UK and 29th in the world
- 13th in the UK and 52nd in the world for careers
- 12th in the UK and 48th in the world for career progress.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc
Supply Chain Management World
1st outside the US and 11th globally in the Supply Chain Management World ‘University 100’ annual survey 2016, and 2nd in Europe, the Middle East and Africa in the Top 20 Supply Chain Management annual survey 2016, for providing young people in this field with the skills and mix of expertise required to develop as supply chain leaders of the future.
Cranfield School of Management has been ranked consistently 1st or 2nd in the UK and Top 10 in Europe in the Financial Times Executive Education – Customised rankings over the last 5 years. In the Financial Times Executive Education - Customised - 2017 ranking the School were ranked:
- 2nd in the UK, 10th in Europe, 21st in the World
- 1st in the world for global international reach of our global programmes
- 4th in the world for the quantity and quality of the programmes we develop in collaboration with other business schools.
98% of our customers said, if they were to embark on the same programme again, they would choose Cranfield.
5th in the UK and 39th in the world in the Financial
Times Executive Education - Open - 2017 ranking.
44 of our clients have been surveyed over the last three years and 98% said, if they were to embark on the same programme again, they would choose Cranfield.
The Cranfield PhD has an international reputation for quality and academic excellence. In December 2014 the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) rated 84% of Cranfield's Business and Management research output as 'internationally recognised' or better for impact - 60% of this was 'world leading' (4*) and 24% 'internationally excellent' (3*).
22nd in the UK Research Excellence Framework 2014 ranking for Business and Management Studies.
Our Executive DBA is one of only a handful of DBA programmes worldwide to have been accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
We are one of an elite group of schools worldwide to hold the triple accreditation of: AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (the Association of MBAs) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System).