We are a driving force in the advancement of manufacturing innovation. We link fundamental materials research with manufacturing to develop novel technologies and improve the science base of the manufacturing research. Manufacturing excellence in niche areas is supported by world-class and near industry scale research facilities. Manufacturing is one of our eight main themes of academic focus.
Cranfield Manufacturing Council is a high level advisory group from industry and government supporting the next level of strategic development of Cranfield Manufacturing. The Council will be an external voice to guide us through the next stages of our journey and act as an ambassador for Cranfield.
Proposed terms of reference for the Council are to:
1. Advise on the academic plan for Manufacturing.
2. Advise on strategic industrial and other partnerships development.
3. Oversee and influence the organisation/development of the National Manufacturing Debate and National Apprenticeship Competition.
4. Select the annual ‘Distinguished Cranfield Manufacturing Alumni Award’ for the Alumni Day in May.
5. Advise and support development of a new Manufacturing Building within the campus master plan.
The Council is expected to meet once a year. The first meeting of the Council was on 8 February 2016.
Cranfield Manufacturing Council Members for 2016 are:
- Lord Alec Broers (Chair) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Palmer, CEO, Aston Martin - email@example.com
- Dick Elsy, CEO, HVM Catapult - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Russell Cameron, Market Director, Civil Government and Infrastructure, Atkins - Russell.Cameron@atkinsglobal.com
- Nick Hussey, CEO, Hennik Group - email@example.com
- Clare Marett, Head of Manufacturing, BIS - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Yianni, CEO, Transport Systems Catapult - email@example.com
- Nigel Baldwin, HR Programme Director, Marshall Group - Nigel.Baldwin@marshalladg.com
- Stuart Cameron, representing RAEng, Former Chief Engineer, Doosan Babcock - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Brittan, CEO, The UK Defence Solutions Centre - email@example.com
"Just having the debate, which, I hope was good for Cranfield University, was also quite good for me because it allowed me to think about some things. What we might need for future generations of manufacturing in Aston Martin".
Lord Alec Broers
"We’ve got a cultural environment in the UK today that’s not encouraging expansion into modern technology manufacturing".
Cranfield has a huge role to play".