Successful Environment postgraduate students develop diverse and rewarding careers in government ministries, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and technology, environmental and business consultancies. There are also numerous opportunities in a wide range of other organisations, such as environmental and protection agencies, engineering and waste management companies in the private sector.
Graduating students have entered successful careers in a range of companies earning up to £71,000* per annum.
*(based on those for whom we hold data. Source: DLHE 2014, 2015 and 2016 Collections).
Successful graduates have been able to pursue or enhance careers in a variety of key roles such as:
- Academic Researcher,
- Air Quality/Climate Consultant,
- Data Scientist,
- Emissions Compliance Officer,
- Geospatial Analyst,
- Landscape Ecologist,
- Remote Sensing Scientist,
- Corporate Sustainability Manager,
- Environmental Consultant,
- Energy Analyst,
- Policy Analyst Risk Manager,
- Environmental Planning Officer,
- Restoration Specialist,
- Resource Recovery Manager,
- Service Delivery Manager,
- Soil and Water Engineer.
Previous students have gone on to jobs within prestigious institutions including:
- Amec Foster Wheeler,
- Centre for Ecology and Hydrology,
- Environment Agency,
- ESRI UK,
- Fugro Geo Consulting,
- Natural England,
- Meteologica SA,
- Westminster City Council,
- Coal Authority Golder Associates,
- Thames Water,
- Wardell Armstrong.
I have already started to develop my own business idea following the support of Cranfield and the content of my course.Georg Eriksson, Environmental Management for Business MSc