Our focus is on world-class, industrial-scale research and pilot-scale demonstration programmes. Our institutional strength is in low carbon energy supply, power generation, advanced fossil fuel technologies and transport systems.
We undertake underpinning and applied research across a range of energy applications to provide reliable evidence to reduce commercial, technical and environmental risks by supporting the scale-up and implementation of technologies.
Businesses choose to work with us because of our deep knowledge and outstanding reputation. Combined with our industrial scale test facilities and professional contract management ability, this allows us to deliver unrivalled solutions for our clients.
Services we provide for clients in the energy sector include:
- Training programmes (bespoke and open courses)
- Desktop studies
- Pilot-scale technology evaluation
- Collaboration with other universities to upscale new ideas
- Independent standards and design guidance
- Techno-economic and environmental studies
- Feasibility studies
- Development and optimisation of new processes, components and devices
- Provision of industry-relevant engineering data
- Consortium development and partnering.