Discover how to use Microsoft Word in this fast paced, half-day course. You'll learn everything from basic typing and formatting to using more advanced features like tables and images.
Please be aware that while the course covers most of the syllabus for ICDL Word Processing module, some additional independent learning may be needed.
Who should attend?
Anyone intending to sit the ICDL Word Processing module assessment or those simply looking for an introduction to Microsoft Word.
- Creating and opening documents;
- Changing page views and adjusting settings;
- Inserting text and symbols;
- Selecting and editing text.
Text and paragraph formatting
- Formatting text using bold, italics and underline;
- Applying different fonts and font sizes to text;
- Aligning paragraphs and indenting text;
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists;
- Applying borders and shading to text;
- Headers and Footers.
Tables and images
- Creating tables and entering data;
- Formatting tables;
- Inserting images;
- Resizing images.
- Spell checking a document;
- Previewing a document;
- Print options.
Delegates will be expected to have basic keyboard and mouse skills, although no experience of Microsoft Word is required.