PowerPoint is a tool for creating presentations quickly and professionally. This fast paced, half-day course starts with the basics but by the end you'll be able to include images, graphs and organisation charts, and apply slide animation and transition effects to your presentation.
Please be aware that while the course covers most of the syllabus for ECDL Module 6: Presentations, some additional learning may be needed.
Who should attend?
Anyone intending to sit the ECDL Module 6 assessment or those simply looking for an introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Creating and opening a presentation;
- Explore the different views in PowerPoint.
Developing a presentation
- Changing the background colour of slides;
- Applying design templates;
- Using Master Slides to create a consistent look.
Text and charts
- Formatting text and bullet points;
- Inserting a chart;
- Amending charts.
Organisation charts and drawn objects
- Inserting an organisation chart;
- Inserting drawn objects;
- Amending drawn objects.
Slide show effects
- Adding custom animation to slides;
- Applying slide transitions to slides.
Preparing output and delivering a presentation
- Moving, deleting and hiding slides;
- Adding notes to slides;
- Printing slides, handouts and notes;
- Delivering a presentation.
Delegates will be expected to have basic keyboard and mouse skills, although no experience of Microsoft PowerPoint is required.