The Career Development Service has many different facets and functions, from delivering 1:1 coaching to establishing links with employers. Read about each area of our department, to discover exactly how we can help your personal career journey.
– Shao Heung Tneh, MSc Astronautics and Space Engineering (2018-19)
What do we do? Support all MSc, MBA and PhD students with their career journey at Cranfield and beyond:
- Coaching appointments with our in-house career advisors
- CV writing, Cover Letter Development and Application Form advice
- Psychometrics, Assessment centre and Interview skills training
- External industry expert workshops
- Career direction and transition management coaching
- Digital and print resources including Learning packs, factsheets, tutorials and videos
- Pop-up careers stands, desk-side workshops, assisted company visits
- CV yearbook generation and CV/elevator pitch video facilities
- Signpost relevant employment opportunities, internships and competitions
- Support in negotiating salary and benefits packages
- Advice for entrepreneurs starting their own business
- Introducing those international students that require a visa to study in the UK, to our visas and immigration team.
- Signposting international students to the latest advice and guidance on working and living in the UK and abroad.
- VMock - 24/7 CV critiquing software
- Symplicity – online career management portal, live appointment system, vacancy database
- Intranet portal – the place to go to access all your careers resources
- Subscription resources – paid-for sites where you can access research information
Career Continuation Service
- Skype, phone and email support for life, post-Cranfield
- Ongoing access to Symplicity
- Invitations to alumni careers and networking events
- Progress monitoring – contacting you to discover your career outcomes
View our Student brochure
– Kelvin Mutai, MSc Water and Wastewater Engineering (2018-19)
– Karl Sarraf, MSc Strategic Marketing, 2019
What do we do?
Build relationships with industry to generate relevant,
Symplicity Statistics – 2018-19
View our Employer Engagement brochure
– Alex Cartwright, RAB Consultants
Media, marketing and communications
– Roman Kirenskis, PhD in Aerospace (2018-20)
What do we do? Promote our range of departmental activities. Create training and learning resources. Manage surveys to gain student views and alumni career outcomes information.
- Create skills training tutorials, videos and written content.
- Write resources for digital and print, intranet and websites
- Event videography and photography
- Run careers social media channels – where students can be informed of news and activities
- Promote relevant employment opportunities, internships and competitions
- Advertise year-round careers events, incentives and networking opportunities
- Manage internal student satisfaction surveys
- Engage alumni in the Graduate Outcomes survey
- Provide destinations information to pre-students deciding on Cranfield
– Student Satisfaction Survey 2019
Internships and projects
Since the pandemic in March 2020 all placements have been conducted virtually. Depending on government guidance to the contrary, we will continue to arrange these for students on a virtual basis.
– Tim Ballard, Finning UK
What do we do? Support Master's in Management (MiM) students with all aspects of their Internship project, from beginning to end:
- Develop partnerships with employers to generate internship placements, over 80% funded
- Liaise with Academics to ensure the placements are relevant to the MiM course
- Advertise and create awareness of placement opportunities
- Assist students with the application and interview process
- Keep in touch with students and employers during the placement
- Help with next-steps career planning after the placement
– Carlotta Dragoni, alumna, Management MSc, 2015
– Student Satisfaction Survey 2019