Find out more about how we can support you once you graduate, and how you can keep involved with us in the future.
Career continuation service
Our career continuation service is unique. Most institutions offer career support for just 3-6 months after you graduate, whereas ours is unlimited for life. Those that sign up to the continuation service will benefit from a whole host of resources, with the aim of developing your post-Cranfield career:
- Coaching – Skype, phone and email support for career direction and transition management
- Symplicity – ongoing access to this portal; apply to alumni opportunities and events
- Subscription resources – continued access to a selection of useful research sites
- Signposting – advertisement of relevant alumni opportunities and initiatives through our channels
- Entrepreneurs – advice for those looking to start their own business
- Rankings and Graduate Outcomes – managing surveys which help to rank your qualification
- Discount scheme – alumni who return to Cranfield for further study are eligible for a 20% discount
- Visit the Alumni career support page to discover all the ways in which your post-graduate career can be supported.
– Amit Mahajan – PWC. Alumnus MBA, 2011
Get involved in other ways
- Paying it forward – opportunities to come back to mentor, coach or mock-interview our students
- Recruit our students – does your new company need Cranfield graduates? Set up a fruitful recruiting partnership with our Employer Engagement team
- Go to an event – to meet others in the Alumni network. Full details can be found here
Actions to take before leaving Cranfield
- Opt-in to the continuation service when prompted by us
- Update your contact details on Eve and Symplicity
- Fill in the Career Outcomes section of Symplicity, if you have found a job
- Start following the Career Development Service on our social media channels, if you don’t already
Actions to take after leaving Cranfield
- Update your contact details on the Alumni portal
- Start following the Alumni team on their social media channels
- Visit the Alumni webpages for information on their services and access to the dedicated portal
- Read the career support insights on the Alumni website
For pre-2014 alumni – please email us to get set up with a Symplicity account.
We manage and report on alumni outcomes, to help rank your qualification and get feedback on your student experience. The two most important surveys we run are Graduate Outcomes and the SoM Employability surveys. We will notify you in advance, so you don’t miss out on having your say.
– Jasvir Dhillon – IPG Automotive. Alumnus MSc Automotive Engineering, 2016