The Key Account Management Best Practice Forum (KAMBP Forum) is a network of companies interested in advancing their knowledge and practice of KAM. The Forum offers member companies the opportunity to actively engage in research projects on KAM and to network with people from different organisations and sectors, as well as with experts in the field.
Why Join This Forum?
Key Account Management (KAM) has gained importance in the past few years, given the competitive pressures of the markets. Companies need to establish collaborative partnerships to differentiate from competitors, and the sales function (and process) must be strategic in making sure short-term actions are linked to long-term goals.
The objective of the KAMBP Forum is to support member companies and executives in their practice of KAM through the insights from speakers, group discussions, and peer-to-peer exchange of experiences and networking.
What are the Benefits for Member Companies?
Each year, KAMBP Forum members receive:
- Free attendance to quarterly full day events with guest speakers and group discussions on best practice in KAM
- Optional attendance to the KAMBP Forum Dinner the night before each event, to meet the speakers and network with the other members
- Free access to KAMBP Forum research reports, toolkits, and experts' perspectives on KAM Best Practice
- Free Intranet access to the KAMBP Forum members website, with all past presentations and other relevant information and materials
- Optional participation in research projects, with access to a summary of the key findings upon the projects' completion
- Corporate discounts across Cranfield School of Management Executive Development Programmes:
- 25% off ALL Specialist Open Programmes tuition fees
- 10% of ALL Executive MSc Programmes and International Executive Doctorate (DBA)
- Applies to ALL employees within a research club member organisation.
What is the Research About?
Research topics are agreed each year in consultation with members of the KAMBP Forum, in response to their needs, challenges, and the observed market trends.
These are some of the current research projects:
- The Future of Key Account Management
- The High Performing Key Account Manager
- KAM Resources and Capabilities for Competitive Advantage
- Account Based Marketing and KAM
How does the Forum Operate?
The KAMBP Forum membership is on a company basis. The annual membership fee entitles member firms to send up to 6 people on Forum activities. The Forum operates on a non-competitive basis, enabling Forum members to meet and share best practice in an open and supportive atmosphere. Typically, between 60 and 70 people attend Forum events. The Forum is directed by Dr Javier Marcos, Associate Professor of Strategic Sales Management and Negotiation and Mark Davies, KAMBP Forum Facilitator, at Cranfield School of Management.
How to Join?
Subject to member agreement, you can join the KAMBP Forum at any time. You can also attend as a guest to one of the Forum events. Twelve months membership costs £7,500 +VAT and entitles you to all member benefits. To join, you will need to sign a membership contract, which can be obtained from Hayley Brown, KAMSS Forum Administrator (email@example.com) or call us for more information on +44 (0) 1234 751122.
Who are our Current Members?
BP, Grant Thornton, K-International, Luxfer Gas Cylinders, MSD Animal Health, Pfizer, RM Results, Trend/Honeywell, and Zoetis.