Our online Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses are open to international students, who do not already meet the English language entry requirement for their Cranfield School of Management course and wish to gain an insight into academic life before beginning their postgraduate study.
Working with a team of well qualified and experienced tutors we will help you:
- Improve your English language skills to satisfy our English language entry requirement.
- Develop and improve your knowledge and use of academic English.
- Prepare for the kinds of assignments you will complete on your postgraduate course.
- Develop the confidence and skills needed to succeed in your academic studies.
- Introduce you to life in the UK and to UK culture.
Course content and assessment criteria
- Understanding the process approach to academic writing.
- Developing critical thinking skills.
- Developing effective reading strategies.
- Extending writing and research skills.
- Improving English grammar to support clear communication.
- Delivering a variety of effective presentations.
- Developing academic vocabulary.
- Improving listening and speaking skills.
- Using online materials to support essential independent learning.
This is an online course and it will require participants to be available on set days within a standard working week. You will also have weekly tutorials with a personal tutor to support your learning.
You will be assessed throughout, and at the end of, the course. You will only be able to progress to postgraduate study if you successfully complete the course.
The results from your pre-sessional English course will be valid for entry to Cranfield postgraduate courses for two years.
Our online courses
Some of our master's courses have higher English language requirements, and you may be required to attend a longer Pre-sessional EAP course to achieve the required level for entry. We assess each application individually against the course requirements, please check the course page or you offer letter.
10 week course
|Course dates||Monday, 1 June 2020 - Friday, 7 August 2020
|Registration date||Friday, 29 May 2020|
5 week course
|Course dates||Monday, 6 July 2020 - Friday, 7 August 2020
|Registration date||Friday, 3 July 2020|
3 week course
Further information to follow.
How to apply
Please complete the Pre-sessional EAP application (School of Management).
You will need to hold an offer for one of our postgraduate courses. To apply you will need to confirm the details of your course offer and your previous English language experience and any tests you have previously taken.