Contact Sudi Sudarsanam
Sudi joined Cranfield as Professor of Finance and Corporate Control in January 2000 from City University Business School, London where he was Professor of Finance and Accounting. He retired in December 2009 and became an Emeritus Professor. Sudi's main areas of research interest are in corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions and corporate strategy. He is one of the leading authorities on mergers and acquisitions in Europe and author of the standard work in this area The Essence of Mergers and Acquisitions (Prentice Hall), which has been translated into five European and Asian languages. His book, ‘Creating Value from Mergers and Acquisitions: The Challenges, an International and Integrated Perspective’ (FT Prentice Hall, 2003) has been acclaimed by both practitioners and academics. Sudi is a member of the UK Competition Commission.
Articles In Journals
- Sudarsanam P, Wright M & Huang J (2011) Target bankruptcy risk and its impact on going-private buyout performance and exit, Corporate Governance: An International Review, 19 (3) 240-258.
- Sudarsanam S & Broadhurst T (2010) Corporate governance convergence in Germany through shareholder activism: Impact of the Deutsche Boerse bid for London Stock Exchange, Journal of Management and Governance.
- Sudarsanam P & Mahate A (2006) Are friendly acquisitions too bad for shareholders and managers? Long-term value creation and top management turnover in hostile and friendly acquirers, British Journal of Management, 17 (S1) 7-30.
- Sudarsanam P (2004) Discussion of increasing market share as a rationale for corporate acquisitions, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 31 (1) 249-256.
- Sudarsanam P & Mahate A (2003) Glamour acquirers, method of payment and post-acquisition performance: the UK evidence, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 30 (1-2) 299-342.
- Selim G, Sudarsanam P & Lavine M (2003) The Role of Internal Auditing in Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures: An International Study, International Journal of Auditing, 7 (3) 223-245.
- Sudarsanam P, Salami A & Alexandrou G (2002) Rational expectations, analysts' forecasts of earnings and sources of value gains for takeover targets, Journal of Banking and Finance, 26 (1) 153-177.
- Sudarsanam P & Lai J (2001) Corporate Financial Distress and Turnaround Strategies: An Empirical Analysis, British Journal of Management, 12 (3) 183-199.
- Alexandrou G & Sudarsanam P (2001) Shareholder Wealth Effects of Corporate Selloffs: Impact of Growth Opportunities, Economic Cycle and Bargaining Power, European Financial Management, 7 (2) 237-258.
- Demirag I, Sudarsanam P & Wright M (2000) Corporate Governance: Overview and Research Agenda, British Accounting Review, 32 (4) 341-354.
- Sudarsanam P, Holl P & Salami A (1996) Shareholder Wealth Gains in Mergers: Effect of Synergy and Ownership Structure, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 23 (5/6) 273-698.
- Sudarsanam S & Qian B (2007) Catering theory of corporate spin-offs: Empirical evidence from Europe. In: 4th International Finance Conference, Hammamet.