Contact Stephen Carver
Prior to Cranfield University, Stephen worked on projects for the oil business before moving on to work at Virgin before working directly for a global CEO as head of Project & Programme Management Strategy. He has experience of Project and Programme Management in almost all business sectors from banks to oil and from construction to law firms. He has lectured and consulted globally and is highly experienced in presenting ideas in a way that bridges different cultural and organisational differences. He is an Honorary Fellow of The Institute of Risk Management and an Honorary Fellow of the Association of Project Management.
- Lecturer of Project & Programme Management and Crisis Communications on the Full-Time and Executive Cranfield MBA
- Director of Improving Project Performance open programme
- Director of Leading Successful Projects and Programmes open programme
- Consultant, mentor and public speaker
- Global Banks
- Global Aerospace Companies
- International Insurance Companies
- Global Consultancies
- International Project Companies
Articles In Journals
- Turner N, Maylor H, Lee-Kelley L, Brady T, Kutsch E & Carver S (2014) Ambidexterity and Knowledge Strategy in Major Projects: A Framework and Illustrative Case Study, Project Management Journal, 45 (5) 44-55.
- Turner N & Carver S (2014) So, What's Your Project Management Strategy?, Project Manager Today (June/July) 36-36.
- Carver S (2011) Communicating in a crisis, Management Focus (Cranfield), Autumn 2011 (31) 18-19.
- Maylor H, Vidgen R & Carver S (2008) Managerial Complexity in Project-Based Operations: A Grounded Model and Its Implications for Practice, Project Management Journal, 39 (1) 15-26.
- Carver S (2004) Projects from hell. In: Chartered Management Institute (Reading Branch) Meeting, Reading.
- Carver S (2004) Making projects fly. In: FT Handbook of Management. Crainer S, Dearlove D (ed.), Pearson.