I hold a BA in Music and Philosophy from Yale University in the USA, as well as an MBA and PhD from Cranfield University and an MA in Enviornmental Ethics from Lancaster University.
Prior to becoming an academic I managed the Yale Symphony Orchestra as well as administering Cambridge Univeristy's International Summer School.
I have also run my own consulting business, Learning Matters, which specialised in coaching senior executives and their teams, particularly through times of upheaval.
- Researching the aesthetic and material dimensions of ethical organizations.
- Researching the impact of using art-based methods in manager education, especially the teaching of ethics.
- Associate Editor of Organizational Aesthetics.
- Most recent books include: Mastering the Ethical Dimension of Organizations (2015) and The physicality of leadership, edited with Steve Taylor (2014).
- The National Audit Office
- The European Bank
- Avon Cosmetics
Articles In Journals
- Ladkin D & Probert J (2019) From sovereign to subject: Applying Foucault's conceptualization of power to leading and studying power within leadership, The Leadership Quarterly, Available online 26 August 2019.
- Springborg C & Ladkin D (2018) Realising the potential of art-based interventions in managerial learning: Embodied cognition as an explanatory theory, Journal of Business Research, 85 (April) 532-539.
- Ladkin D (2018) Self constitution as the foundation for leading ethically: a Foucauldian possibility, Business Ethics Quarterly, 28 (3) 301-323.
- Ladkin Donna (2018) 'The Aesthetic' and Its Relationship to Business Ethics: Philosophical Underpinnings and Implications for Future Research, Journal of Business Ethics, 147 (1) 35-51.
- Ladkin D., Spiller C. & Craze G. (2018) The journey of individuation: A Jungian alternative to the theory and practice of leading authentically, Leadership, 14 (4) 415-434.
- Ladkin D (2017) How did that happen? Making sense of the 2016 US presidential election result through the lens of the ‘leadership moment’, Leadership, 13 (4) 393-412.