I hold a BA in Music and Philosophy from Yale University in the USA, as well as an MBA and PhD from Cranfield University and an MA in Enviornmental Ethics from Lancaster University.
Prior to becoming an academic I managed the Yale Symphony Orchestra as well as administering Cambridge Univeristy's International Summer School.
I have also run my own consulting business, Learning Matters, which specialised in coaching senior executives and their teams, particularly through times of upheaval.
- Researching the aesthetic and material dimensions of ethical organizations.
- Researching the impact of using art-based methods in manager education, especially the teaching of ethics.
- Associate Editor of Organizational Aesthetics.
- Most recent books include: Mastering the Ethical Dimension of Organizations (2015) and The physicality of leadership, edited with Steve Taylor (2014).
- The National Audit Office
- The European Bank
- Avon Cosmetics