Contact Michelle Penelope King
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. This role is supports the HR team with various Diversity and Inclusion and Organizational Development projects including the review and development of UN women Values and Leadership Charter, Competency Framework and HR Strategy 2017. This role leads the development and implementation including, employee communication plans, toolkits, leadership materials and success measures.
• Provide best practice advice and support in the areas of Talent Management, Leadership Development and Organizational Development.
• Lead the design and delivery of UN Women organizational values and competencies
• Developed the UN Women Learning Strategy and implemented this which includes launching a mentoring program, leadership development program and unconscious bias training
• Lead the development and implementation of the HR Strategy, HR Annual Work Plan and HR Annual Report 2017
• Lead the development and implementation of the UN Women, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy – setting best practices for UN Women, as a leader in the Gender Diversity practice area for the United Nations
• UN Women Diversity and Inclusion focal point, focusing on advancing women in the field
• Review existing HR practices and develop, consult and coordinate the implementation of global HR standard operating procedures for all HR business areas, including recruitment, on boarding, contract administration, and leave management, the use of contract modalities, health and safety