Wasim joined Cranfield School of Management in 2021 as a Senior Lecturer in Finance. Prior to that, he held academic positions at the University of Birmingham and Birmingham City University. He has several years of teaching experience in the UK and internationally and has successfully supervised a number of doctoral students. Before joining academia, Wasim worked in leading financial institutions in emerging markets and SME finance in the UK.
Wasim holds a PhD in Finance and MSc Investments from the University of Birmingham, a Master of Commerce and Postgraduate Diploma in Banking Laws. He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), UK and an associate of the Institute of Bankers.
Wasim is interested in research collaborations and supervising PhD students in his broad research interests: IPOs, private equity and venture capital, corporate innovation, corporate culture, corporate board structures and corporate governance. Please get in contact if you are interested in pursuing a doctorate in these areas.
Wasim’s broad research interests include corporate finance, venture capital and private equity, corporate governance and IPOs. His recent work focuses on corporate culture, board diversity and innovation in IPOs and seasoned firms. His research also addresses issues on private equity misbehaviour, earnings management, ESG and bank bailouts.
He has published in highly ranked international journals in finance and management such as Journal of Corporate Finance, British Journal of Management, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting and International Review of Financial Analysis. Wasim’s research has been covered by prestigious media outlets such as Financial Times, Institutional Investors and Private Equity News. He acts as an ad hoc reviewer for a number of academic journals.
Articles In Journals
- Ahmad W, Farag H & Wang Y (2023) Do new CEOs really care about innovation?, European Financial Management, Available online 4 January 2023.
- Wang Y, Farag H & Ahmad W (2021) Corporate Culture and Innovation: A Tale from an Emerging Market, British Journal of Management, 32 (4) 1121-1140.
- Jelic R, Zhou D & Ahmad W (2021) Do stressed PE firms misbehave?, Journal of Corporate Finance, 66 (February) Article No. 101798.
- Fosu S, Danso A, Ahmad W & Coffie W (2016) Information asymmetry, leverage and firm value: Do crisis and growth matter?, International Review of Financial Analysis, 46 (July) 140-150.
- Ahmad W & Jelic R (2014) Lockup Agreements and Survival of UK IPOs, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 41 (5-6) 717-742.