Contact Dr Richard Schoenberg
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x3388
- Email: email@example.com
Dr Schoenberg previously held faculty positions at Cambridge University's Judge Business School and at Imperial College London. Prior to joining academia he held managerial positions with the Ford Motor Company and ICI plc.
Dr Schoenberg leads the Strategic Management, Strategizing in Challenging Contexts and International Mergers & Acquisitions modules on the Cranfield MBA. He also contributes to a wide range of Cranfield's executive education programmes, including work for Actavis AG, Amadeus Group SA, Aviation Industry Corp of China, EDF Group SA, Freshfields, GKN plc, Henkel AG, Innovation Group plc, Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Sport England and Wärtsilä Corporation. Richard is an active researcher in the field of strategic management, primarily focusing on mergers and acquisitions, on which he holds a prize winning PhD from the University of London. His work has been widely published and he is a frequent speaker at international conferences. He served on the Editorial Board of the British Journal of Management from 2007 to 2012.
Articles In Journals
- Kato J & Schoenberg R (2014) The impact of post-merger integration on the customer-supplier relationship, Industrial Marketing Management, 43 (2) 335-345.
- Schoenberg R, Collier N & Bowman C (2013) Strategies for Business Turnaround and Recovery: A Review and Synthesis, European Business Review, 25 (3) 243-262.
- Kato J & Schoenberg R (2012) Customer and Competitor Responses to Mergers and Acquisitions: An Empirical Investigation in the Logistics Industry, Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions, 11 157-182.
- Ambrosini V, Bowman C & Schoenberg R (2011) Should Acquiring Firms Pursue More Than One Value Creation Strategy? An Empirical Test of Acquisition Performance, British Journal of Management, 22 (1) 173-185.
- Schoenberg R & Bowman C (2010) Value creation in corporate acquisitons: Linking value creation logic, organisational capabilities and implementation processes., Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions, 9 153-176.
- Bowman C & Schoenberg R (2010) Value Creation in Corporate Acquisitions: Linking value creation logic, organisational capabilities and implementation processes, Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions, 9 153-175.
- Figueira C, Nellis J & Schoenberg R (2007) Travel abroad or stay at home?: Investigating the patterns of bank industry M and As in the EU, European Business Review, 19 (1) 23-39.
- Schoenberg RJ & Thornton D (2006) The impact of bid defences in hostile acquisitions, European Management Journal, 24 (2) 142-150.
- Schoenberg Richard (2006) Measuring the Performance of Corporate Acquisitions: An Empirical Comparison of Alternative Metrics, British Journal of Management, 17 (4) 361-370.
- Cartwright S & Schoenberg R (2006) Thirty Years of Mergers and Acquisitions Research: Recent Advances and Future Opportunities, British Journal of Management, 17 (S1) 1-5.
- Schoenberg R (2004) Dimensions of management style compatibility and cross-border acquisition outcome, Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions, 3 149-175.
- Schoenberg R (2003) An integrated approach to strategy innovation, European Business Journal, 15 (3) 95-103.
- Horner-Long P & Schoenberg RJ (2002) Does e-business require different leadership characteristics: an empirical investigation, European Management Journal, 20 (6) 611-619.
- Schoenberg R (2001) Knowledge Transfer and Resource Sharing as Value Creation Mechanisms in Inbound Continental European Acquisitions, Journal of Euromarketing, 10 (1) 99-114.
- Schoenberg R (2000) The influence of cultural compatibility within cross-border acquisitions: A review, Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions, 1 43-59.
- Schoenberg R & Reeves R (1999) What determines acquisition activity within an industry?, European Management Journal, 17 (1) 93-98.
- Nicoll W & Schoenberg R (1999) The reality of integration within the European Union, Thunderbird International Business Review, 41 (3) 273-285.
- Bowman C, Collier N & Schoenberg R (2012) Transition through turnaround strategies: A special case of ambidexterity. In: Strategic Management Society (32nd Annual International Conference), Prague, 7 October 2012.
- Kato J & Schoenberg R (2011) Customers: The Forgotten Stakeholder in Mergers and Acquisitions. In: Strategic Management Society 31st Annual International Conference, Miami, FL, 6 November 2011.
- Schoenberg R, Bowman C & Ambrosini V (2009) Is one dynamic capability better than two?. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 2009**, Chicago, IL, 7-11 August 2009.
- Kato J & Schoenberg R (2009) Customer responses to mergers and acquisitions. In: British Academy of Management Annual Conference, Brighton.
- Ambrosini V & Schoenberg R (2008) Value creation processes and M&A performance. In: British Academy of Management Annual Conference, 2008**, Harrogate, 9-11 September 2008.
- Ambrosini V & Schoenberg R (2008) Is one better than many? Processes of corporate value creation. In: 28th Strategic Management Society Annual International Conference, Cologne.
- Ambrosini V, Bowman C, Collier N, Jenkins M & Schoenberg R (2006) Single loop and double loop dynamic capabilities: An exploration of how firms change. In: The Practice of Dynamic Capabilities: Theory Development and Research Workshop , Lancaster, 4 May 2006.
- Schoenberg R (2005) Measures of performance in cross-border acquisitions. In: 47th Annual Conference of Academy of International Business, Quebec City.
- Schoenberg R & Seow L (2005) Cross-border acquisitions: A comparative analysis. In: 47th Annual Conference of the Academy of International Business, Quebec City.
- Thornton D & Schoenberg R (2005) The stakeholder impact of bid defences in hostile acquisitions: A comparative analysis. In: British Academy of Management Conference, Oxford.
- Schoenberg R (2004) Measuring the performance of corporate acquisitions: objective vs subjective assessments. In: British Academy of Management Conference, St Andrews.
- Schoenberg R (2003) Organisational determinants of resource base sharing in international acquisitions. In: Academy of International Business Conference, Monterey, CA.
- Schoenberg R (2000) Determinants of cross-border acquisition performance: the role of management styles and post-acquisition integration. In: British Academy of Management Conference Annual Conference, 2000, Edinburgh, Scotland, 13-15 September 2000.
- Bowman C & Schoenberg R (2008) From Customer Understanding to Strategy Innovation: Practical Tools to Establish Competitive Positioning. In: Strategy, Innovation and Change. Galavan R, Murray J, Markides, C (ed.), Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, p. 38-68.
- Schoenberg R (2008) Measuring the Performance of Corporate Aquisitions: An Empirical Comparison of Alternative Metrics. In: Mergers and Aquisitions. Krug J (ed.), Sage, p. 277-289.
- Schoenberg R (2003) Mergers and acquisitions: motives, value creation and implementation. In: The Oxford Handbook of Corporate Strategy. Faulkner D, Campbell A (ed.), Oxford University Press, p. 95-117.
- Schoenberg R (2001) Knowledge transfer and resource sharing as value creation mechanisms in inbound continental European acquisitions. In: Foreign Direct Investment and Strategic Alliances in Europe. Liu H (ed.), New York: International Business Press.
- Nicoll W, Norburn D, Schoenberg R (eds), (1998) Perspectives in European Business, Wiley, ed. 2nd edition.
- Nicoll W, Schoenberg R (eds), (1998) Europe beyond 2000: the enlargement of the European Union towards the East, Wiley.