Contact Dr Richard Adams
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754466
- Email: R.J.Adams@cranfield.ac.uk
- Twitter: @@r_jadams
- Blog: http://www.b4g.strikingly.com
- Google Scholar
Dr Richard Adams is Reader in Entrepreneurship at the Bettany Centre for Entrepreneurship, Cranfield University, and has previously held positions at Universities of Surrey and Exeter, Imperial College London as well as with the UK Cochrane Centre. Dr Adams’s work, which lies at the intersection of (responsible) innovation, digital disruption, sustainability and technology entrepreneurship, is practically focused and seeks to meet the twin hurdles of academic rigour and industrial relevance, and would be pleased to hear from anyone interested in pursuing research in any of these areas. He has published widely, in excess of 60 journal and conference papers and has, most recently, guest-edited a special issue of Strategic Change: Briefings in Entrepreneurial Finance on The Future of Money and Further Applications of the Blockchain.
Articles In Journals
- Cecchi M, Grant S, Seiler M, Turner N, Adams R & Goffin K (2022) How COVID-19 impacted the tacit knowledge and social interaction of global NPD project teams, Research-Technology Management, 65 (2) 41-52.
- Spanaki K, Gurguc Z, Adams R & Mulligan C (2018) Data supply chain (DSC): research synthesis and future directions, International Journal of Production Research, 56 (13) 4447-4466.
- Adams R, Martin S & Boom K (2018) University culture and sustainability: designing and implementing an enabling framework, Journal of Cleaner Production, 171 (January) 434-445.
- Kewell B, Adams R & Parry G (2017) Blockchain for good?, Strategic Change, 26 (5) 429-437.
- Adams R, Parry G, Godsiff P & Ward P (2017) The future of money and further applications of the blockchain, Strategic Change, 26 (5) 417-422.
- Adams R, Smart P & Huff A (2017) Shades of grey: guidelines for working with the grey literature in systematic reviews for Management and Organizational Studies, International Journal of Management Reviews, 19 (4) 432-454.
- Smart P, Hemel S, Lettice F, Adams R & Evans S (2017) Pre-paradigmatic status of industrial sustainability: a systematic review, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 37 (10) 1425-1450.
- Adams R, Jeanrenaud S, Bessant J, Denyer D & Overy P (2016) Sustainability-oriented innovation: a systematic review, International Journal of Management Reviews, 18 (2) 180-205.
- Adams R, Tranfield D & Denyer D (2011) A Taxonomy of Innovation: Configurations of Attributes in Healthcare Innovations, International Journal of Innovation Management, 15 (2) 359-392.
- Phelps R, Adams R & Bessant J (2007) Life cycles of growing organizations: A review with implications for knowledge and learning, International Journal of Management Reviews, 9 (1) 1-30.
- Adams R, Bessant J & Phelps R (2006) Innovation management measurement: A review, International Journal of Management Reviews, 8 (1) 28-47.
- Adams R, Meystre C & Tranfield D (2002) Social and organisational innovation in the NHS: the case of Warwickshire’s Integrated Service Directorate for Palliative Care., Clinician in Management, 11 (4) 185-197.
- Vyakarnam S & Adams R (2001) Institutional barriers to enterprise support: an empirical study, Environment and Planning A, 19 (3) 335-353.
- Adams R, Quinton S & Pera R (2021) Social media representations of innovation by non-users: everyday problem solving. In: XXXII ISPIM Innovation Conference - Innovating Our Common Future, Berlin, 20-23 June 2021.
- Ihasz O & Adams RJ (2020) Listen to our voice (forthcoming). In: British Academy of Management Conference**: BAM2020 Conference In The Cloud, Online, 2-4 September 2020.
- Mera CE, Wilson HN, Adams RJ, Watson R, Macdonald E & ielsen KR (2020) Sustainable entrepreneurship as a community of practice (Forthcoming). In: British Academy of Management Conference**: BAM2020 Conference In The Cloud, Online, 2-4 September 2020.
- Ihasz O, Vyakarnam S & Adams RJ (2020) The role of social systems in the diffusion of externally-developed social innovations into low resource markets (forthcoming). In: British Academy of Management Conference: BAM2020 Conference In The Cloud, Virtual, 2-4 September 2020.
- Ihasz O, Adams R & Vyakarnam S. (2019) Social system relations in the diffusion of social innovation into low resource markets.. In: R&D Management Conference 2019, Paris, 17-21 June 2019.
- Grant S, Goffin K, Adams & R (2019) The insight moment: exploring customer needs and customer insight generation during new product development. A systematic literature review.. In: 26th IPDMC: Innovation And Product Development Management Conference., Leicester, 10-11 June 2019.
- Adams RJ, Barrington D, Collins M, Hutchings P, Ihasz O, Kolios A, McAdam E, Moreno M, Parker A, Tyrrel S, Vyakarnam, S & Williams L. (2018) A scoping review of business model configurations for diffusing high-tech innovations at the bottom of the pyramid. In: British Academy of Management (BAM) Annual Conference 2018, University of the West of England, 4-6 September 2018.
- Adams RJ, Vyakarnam S & Phadke U (2018) Crossing the chasms: the perilous journey of technology commercialisation. In: British Academy of Management (BAM) Annual Conference 2018, University of the West of England, 4-6 September 2018.
- Adams RJ, Kewell E & Parry G (2017) Blockchain for Good? Digital Ledger Technology and Sustainable Development Goals..
- Khurana K, Ricchetti M & Adams R (2015) Incorporating Sustainable supply chain management in fashion & textile companies- An analytical study on existing sustainable tools and models. F. In: FashionTales 2015. Feeding the Imaginary. Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, June 18-20 2015, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, 18-20 June 2015.
- Adams RJ, Grichnik D, Pundziene A, Volkmann C (eds), (2022) Artificiality and Sustainability in Entrepreneurship. Exploring the unforeseen and paving a way to the sustainable future, Springer Cham, ed. FGF Studies in Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
- Adams RJ, Martin S & Boom K (2018) A conceptual framework for designing, embedding and monitoring a university sustainability culture.. In: Handbook of Sustainability and Social Sciences Research, Springer, p. 465-482.
- Adams R, Kewell B & Parry G (2018) Blockchain for Good? Digital Ledger Technology and Sustainable Development Goals. In: Handbook of Sustainability and Social Science Research, World Sustainability Series, p. 127-140.