Contact Dr Lorenzo Prataviera
Lorenzo Bruno Prataviera holds a PhD in Management, Economics, and Industrial Engineering from Politecnico di Milano (Italy), with a doctoral dissertation entitled "Towards a new Approach for Global Distribution Network Design: the Integration of Logistics and Fiscal Issues".
Before joining Cranfield University School of of Management in September 2021, he has been lecturing and undertaking research on logistics, supply chain management and industrial engineering at Politecnico di Milano (Italy) since May 2016. From September 2018 to February 2019 he also held a position as Guest Researcher at Lund University (Sweden).
His main research interests are in the field of global distribution network design, taking a multidisciplinary attitude to go beyond conventional logistics boundaries and enlarge the adopted perspective.
Lorenzo is currently working on developing the interface between the logistics and fiscal domains, and investigating sustainability issues for global network design. Alongside these main activities, further research is conducted concerning supply chain collaboration, supply chain resilience, start-up-driven innovation in the logistics industry, and a widespread investigation of the logistics outsourcing industry.
Articles In Journals
- Carissimi MC, Prataviera LB, Creazza A, Melacini M & Dallari F (2022) Blurred lines: the timeline of supply chain resilience strategies in the grocery industry in the time of Covid-19, Operations Management Research, Available online 2 June 2022.
- Prataviera LB, Moretti E & Tappia E (2022) Coping with the postponement boundary problem: an empirical investigation in global food supply chains, The International Journal of Logistics Management, 33 (2) 687-711.
- Perotti S, Prataviera LB & Melacini M (2022) Assessing the environmental impact of logistics sites through CO2eq footprint computation, Business Strategy and the Environment , Available online 18 January 2022 (4).
- Prataviera LB, Creazza A, Melacini M & Dallari F (2022) Heading for tomorrow: resilience strategies for post Covid-19 grocery supply chains, Sustainability, 14 (4) Article No. 1942.
- Prataviera LB, Creazza A, Dallari F & Melacini M (2021) How can logistics service providers foster supply chain collaboration in logistics triads? insights from the Italian grocery industry, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Available online 21 December 2021.
- Prataviera LB, Perotti S, Tappia E & Perego A (2021) Estimating the national logistics outsourcing market size: A multi-method approach and an application to the Italian context, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 51 (7) 764-784.
- Prataviera LB, Norrman A & Melacini M (2020) Global distribution network design: Exploration of facility location driven by tax considerations and related cross-country implications, International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications, Available online 31 December 2020.
- Prataviera LB, Perotti S, Melacini M & Moretti E (2020) Postponement strategies for global downstream supply chains: A conceptual framework, Journal of Business Logistics, 41 (2) 94-110.
- Prataviera LB, Carissimi MC, Creazza A, Dallari F & Melacini M (2021) Better agility better resilience: An investigation of the Italian grocery supply chain during the Covid-19 outbreak. In: Logistics Research Network, Cardiff and Virtual, 8-10 September 2021.
- Prataviera LB, Perotti S & Melacini M (2021) Start-up-driven innovation for logistics: A classification framework. In: 26th Summer School "Francesco Turco", Bergamo, 8-10 September 2021.
- Napoleone A & Prataviera LB (2020) Reconfigurable manufacturing: Lesson learnt from the Covid-19 outbreak. In: APMS 2020: Advances in Production Management Systems. Towards Smart and Digital Manufacturing, Novi Sad, 30 August - 3 September 2020.
- Melacini M, Moretti E, Perotti S, Prataviera LB & Tappia E (2019) Evolution of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) in the Logistics 4.0 landscape: a classification framework and empirical insights. In: 24th Summer School "Francesco Turco", Brescia, 11-13 September 2019.
- Prataviera LB, Perotti S & Melacini M (2019) Market knowledge’s impact on global trade channel design and logistics outsourcing: European companies targeting the Chinese food and beverage market. In: 28th IPSERA Conference, Milan, 14-17 April 2019.
- Prataviera LB, Perotti S, Tappia E & Fumero F (2018) Integrating fiscal issues in global distribution network design. In: 23rd Summer School "Francesco Turco", Palermo, 12-14 September 2018.
- Melacini M, Perotti S, Prataviera LB & Tappia E (2017) Global supply chain network design: A literature review and research agenda. In: 22nd Annual Logistics Research Network Conference - Southampton 2017, Solent University, Southampton, 6-8 September 2017.