Contact Dr Leila Alinaghian
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x2883
- Email: email@example.com
- Linkedin: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/leila-alinaghian-79602a56
Dr Leila Alinaghian joined Cranfield School of Management in August 2015. Prior to joining Cranfield, Leila was part of the University of Cambridge Centre for International Manufacturing's strategy team and she was involved in case study research that supports the EPSRC Centres for innovative manufacturing. She also founded and ran the Research Capability Development programme at the Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge.
Leila holds a PhD in Engineering, Manufacturing and Management from the University of Cambridge, where as a Trust Scholar she examined the effects of supply network structural and relational properties on dynamic capabilities of large multinationals. Her research is nominated for best PhD research award and best paper award at the Academy of Management Operations Management Division and Strategic Management Society. Leila also has a master’s degree in Industrial Engineering and an MPhil in Industrial Systems, Manufacture and Management from University of Cambridge for which she was awarded a Certificate of Commendation.
Leila is a fellow of Higher Education Academy and holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice from Cranfield University. Dr Alinaghian is also a member of Strategic Management Society, Academy of Management and the European Operations Management Association.
Dr Alinaghian currently delivers lectures on inter-organisational relationships, organisational network analysis, supply networks and business statistics on a number of School of Management and University postgraduate and executive development programmes. She leads module in Social Network Analysis on the MSc in Procurement/Logistics and Supply Chain Management programme. Leila is also highly engaged in the school's PhD and DBA programmes, as both doctoral supervisor and member of doctoral review panels. She is presently supervising several PhD and DBA work on structural and relational properties of inter-organisational collaborative networks and their role in driving resilience, sustainability and innovation.
Leila's research is broadly focused on the operational and strategic benefits that can be gained from inter-organisational networks at both single-actor and multi-actor levels. In particular, her research explores the structural and relational properties of inter-organisational networks, the operational and dynamic capabilities of the embedded firms, and the interaction of the two in investigating the performance and behaviour of inter-organisational networks.
Leila has been involved in projects for large multinationals across a range of sectors including healthcare and pharmaceuticals, aerospace and fast-moving consumer goods.
Articles In Journals
- Razmdoost K, Alinaghian L & Smyth HJ (2019) Multiplex value co-creation in unique service exchanges, Journal of Business Research, 96 (March) 277-286.
- Alinaghian L & Razmdoost K (2018) How do network resources affect firms' network-oriented dynamic capabilities?, Industrial Marketing Management, 71 (In Press, Corrected proof) 79-94.
- Srai J, Harrington T, Alinaghian L & Phillips M (2015) Evaluating the potential for the continuous processing of pharmaceutical products-a supply network perspective, Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification, 97 (November) 248-258.
- Srai JS, Harrington T & Alinaghian LS (2014) An Approach to Exploring Integration Benefits of Continuous Flow Technologies Within Pharmaceutical Supply Chains, Chimica Oggi, 32 (4) 27-34.
- Alinaghian L & Srai J. (2014) The effects of supply network structural and relational properties on dynamic capabilities, Academy of Management Proceedings, 2014 (1).
- Srai JS, Alinaghian LS & Kirkwood DA (2013) Understanding Sustainable Supply Network Capabilities of Multinationals: A Capability Maturity Model Approach, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 227 (4) 595-615.
- Srai JS & Alinaghian LS (2013) Value Chain Reconfiguration in Highly Disaggregated Industrial Systems: Examining the Emergence of Health Care Diagnostics, Global Strategy Journal, 3 (1) 88-108.
- Srai JS, Alinaghian LS & Kirkwood DA (2012) Understanding sustainable supply network capabilities of multinationals: a capability maturity model approach, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 227 (4) 595-615.
- Razmdoost K & Alinaghian L (2019) Temporal nature of value co-creation: institutional work and resource reconfiguration. In: 6th Naples Forum on Service, Ischia, 4-6 June 2019.
- Qiu, J, Alinaghian L & Prior D. (2019) The role of network in supply chain sustainability: a systematic review and research agenda. In: Annual European Operations Management Association Conference, 2019, Helsinki, 15-19 June 2019.
- Qiu J, Alinaghian L & Prior D (2019) A systematic literature review of the role of networks in supply chain sustainability performance. In: British Academy of Management 2019 Conference, Birmingham, 3-5 September 2019.
- Razmdoost K, Linder C & Alinaghian L. (2018) New Venture Ordinary and Dynamic Capabilities and Environmental Dynamism: A Qualitative Comparative Analysis Approach. In: The Strategic Management Society 38th Annual international conference, Paris, 22-25 September 2018.
- Fausten T, Pilbeam C & Alinaghian L (2018) Exploring how and why governance changes with vertical distance in a triadic context. In: British Academy of Management, Bristol, 4-6 September 2018.
- Razmdoost K & Alinaghian L (2017) The Generative Mechanisms of Network Resources. In: American Marketing Association Winter Conference 2017, Orlando, 17-19 February 2017.
- Alinaghian L (2017) Social Network Analysis for Supply Chains: Who should you Partner with for Innovation. In: The Mitchell Centre for Social Network Analysis Seminar Series 2017, Manchester, 26 April 2017.
- Alinghian LS & Razmdoost K (2016) Supply Network Dynamic Resource Base: An Empirical Investigation. In: 23rd Annual European Operations Management Association Conference, Trondheim, 17-22 June 2016.
- Alinaghian L (2016) Network Analysis for Supply Chains: Who Should you Partner With. In: Women in Logistics Conference 2016, Cranfield, 25 November 2016.
- Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2015) Supply Network Alters' Structural Embeddedness: Predicting the Ego Firm's Dynamic Capabilities. In: 22nd International Annual European Operations Management Association Conference, Neuchatel, Switzerland, 26 June - 1 July 2015.
- Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2014) The Effects of Supply Network Structural and Relational Properties on Dynamic Capabilities. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 2014, Philadelphia, PA. 74th, 1-5 August 2014.
- Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2014) Supply Network Relational Properties: Predicting Dynamic Capabilities. In: 21st EurOMA Conference, Palermo, 20-25 June 2014.
- Harrington TS, Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2014) Making the Business Case for Continuous Manufacturing in the Pharmaceutical Industry. In: POMS Conference, Atlanta, 9-12 May 2014.
- Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2014) Examining the Relationships Between Supply Network Structural and Relational Properties and Dynamic Capabilities. In: Strategic Management Society, Madrid, 19-23 September 2014.
- Harrington TS, Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2014) Making the business case for continuous manufacturing in the pharmaceutical industry. In: POMS Conference, Atlanta, 9-12 May 2014.
- Harrington TS, Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2014) Making the Business Case for Continuous Manufacturing in the Pharmaceutical Industry. In: 25th Annual Production and Operations Manufacturing Society Conference (Atlanta, USA), Atlanta, USA, 9-12 May 2014.
- Harrington TS, Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2013) Exploring Implications of Continuous Manufacturing Within the Pharmaceutical Sector Through Industrial Landscape Mapping and Cross-Sector Analysis. In: Annual Alfred P. Sloan Industry Studies Assocation Conference, Kansas, USA, 28 May 2013.
- Harrington TS, Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2013) Continuous manufacturing and product-process archetypes: implications for supply network design in Pharma. In: 24th Annual Production and Operations Management Society Conference (Denver, USA), Denver, USA, 3 May 2013.
- Alinaghian LS, Ates A, Bititci U, Harrington TS, Srai JS & Talati R (2012) Drivers and Barriers of Continuous Manufacturing in the Pharmaceutical Industry. In: 16th Cambridge International Manufacturing Symposium , Cambridge, 20 September 2012.
- Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2012) Operationalising Dynamic Capabilities: Exploring Concepts from Strategic and Operations Management. In: 19th international annual European Operations Management Association conference (EurOMA 2012): serving the world, Amsterdam, 1 July 2012.
- Alinaghian LS (2012) Conceptualising Inter-Firm Dynamic Capabilities. In: Danish Research Unit for Industrial Dynamics Academy Conference, Cambridge, UK, 19 January 2012.
- Alinaghian LS, Srai JS & Gregory M (2012) Operationalising Dynamic Capabilities in the Healthcare Industry. In: Annual Alfred P Sloan Industry Studies Association Conference, Pittsburgh, 29 May 2012.
- Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2011) A Supply Network Configuration Perspective on Scenario Planning of Future Value Chains: A Case Study of the Pharmaceutical Industry. In: 18th European Operations Management Association Conference, Cambridge, UK, 3 July 2011.
- Alinaghian LS, Aghdasi M & Srai JS (2011) Developing a Model for Purchasing and Supply System Transformation: Benefitting from Organizational Change Theories in Purchasing Development Models. In: 20th IPSERA Conference (International Purchasing and Supply Education and Research Association), Maastricht, Netherlands, 10 April 2011.
- Kirkwood DA, Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2011) A Maturity Model for the Strategic Design of Sustainable Supply Networks. In: 22nd Annual Production and Operations Management (POMS) conference, Reno, Nevada, 29 April 2011.
- Alinaghian LS & Srai JS (2010) Mapping Emerging Value Chains in Pharmaceutical Industry. In: 15th Annual Cambridge International Manufacturing Symposium, Cambridge, UK, 23 September 2010.
- Alinaghian LS & Aghdasi M (2009) Proposing a model for Purchasing System Transformation. In: 16th Annual EurOMA Conference, 2009, Gothenburg, 14 June 2009.