Contact Dr Javier Marcos Cuevas
Javier is an inspiring management educator, researcher and consultant with 20 years of experience working in academia, consultancy and in multinational corporations.
He was previously the Director of Custom Programmes, Executive Education, and Senior Faculty at the University of Cambridge, Judge Business School. Prior to his career in academia, he worked for Unilever in management positions in Spain and in the UK. He is an accredited Belbin instructor.
Javier has a PhD in Management (Organisational Learning), a PCert in Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Higher Education (Cranfield University), and has completed the Advanced Leadership Programme (Cambridge University Judge Business School) and the International Teachers Programme (Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management). His education also includes a Postgraduate Degree in Training Management in Organisations and a Diploma in Advanced Studies in Social Psychology (University of Barcelona). He has a BSc (Hons) in Economics and Business Administration (University of Zaragoza).
Javier is Associate Professor of Strategic Sales Management and Negotiation at Cranfield School of Management and Director of the Key Account Management Best Practice Forum.
Javier brings a unique combination of practical and theoretical knowledge being a practicing manager, instructor and an active researcher. His expertise, firmly grounded in business and informed by the latest research, focuses on professional selling, sales and key account management, and executive education and development.
Javier is recognised for his innovative, stimulating and proactive teaching approach. Working with organisations in close partnership, he uses individually tailored approaches that facilitate clients' full engagement in the process of design, delivery and evaluation of training programmes and consultancy interventions. Combining insights from marketing, leadership and organisational development, Javier is able to help managers identify and realise meaningful business opportunities. He provides insightful advice to help executives understand and overcome the barriers that often constrain individuals' development and business growth.
Javier has recently co-authored three books, Implementing Key Account Management (Kogan Page, 2018), Sales Management - Strategy, Processes and Practice (Palgrave, 2016) and From Selling to Co-Creating (BIS Publishers, 2014). His research has been published in academic journals like Journal of Business Research, Industrial Marketing Management, Management Learning, Journal of Marketing Education, etc. He has written numerous professional reports and articles in the professional media and is a regular speaker at conferences and industry events.
He has worked for small and medium sized businesses as well as for large corporations globally such as Barclays, Cap Gemini, Merck, Pfizer, Rolls-Royce, SAP and Unilever.
Articles In Journals
- Marcos-Cuevas J (2018) The Transformation of Professional Selling: Implications for Leading the Modern Sales Organisation, Industrial Marketing Management, 69 (February) 198-208.
- Guesalaga R, Gabrielsson M, Rogers B, Ryals L & Marcos Cuevas J (2018) Which resources and capabilities underpin strategic key account management?, Industrial Marketing Management, 75 (November) 160-172.
- Marcos J & Prior DD (2017) Buyer-Supplier Relationship Decline: A Norms-Based Perspective, Journal of Business Research, 76 (July) 14-23.
- Marcos-Cuevas J, Nätti S, Palo T & Baumann J (2016) Value Co-Creation Practices and Capabilities: Sustained Purposeful Engagement Across B2B Systems, Industrial Marketing Management, 56 (July) 97-107.
- Prior DD & Marcos-Ceuvas J (2016) Value co-destruction in inter-firm relationships: the impact of actor engagement styles, Marketing Theory, 16 (4) 533-552.
- Marcos-Cuevas J, Julkunnen S & Gabrielsson M (2015) Power Symmetry and the Development of Trust in Interdependent Relationships: The Mediating Role of Goal Congruence, Industrial Marketing Management, 48 (July) 149-159+.
- Said E, Macdonald EK, Wilson HN & Marcos J (2015) How organisations generate and use customer insight, Journal of Marketing Management, 31 (9-10) 1158-1179.
- Marcos-Cuevas J, Nätti S, Palo T & Ryals LJ (2014) Implementing Key Account Management: Intraorganisational Practices and Dilemmas, Industrial Marketing Management, 43 (7) 1216-1224.
- Marcos J, Critten P, Squire P & Speakman I (2014) Enhancing the Professional Mindset of Future Sales Professionals: Key Insights From a Master in Sales Transformation, Journal of Marketing Education, 36 (2) 144-155.
- Perello-Marin S, Marin-Garcia JA & Marcos-Ceuvas J (2013) Towards a Path-Dependence Approach to Study Management Innovation, Management Decision, 51 (5) 1037-1046.
- Marcos J & Denyer D (2012) Crossing the Sea from They to We? The Unfolding of Knowing and Practicing in Collaborative Research, Management Learning, 43 (4) 443-459.
- Tranfield D, Denyer D, Marcos J & Burr M (2004) Co-Producing Management Knowledge, Management Decision, 42 (3/4) 375-386.
- Marcos J, Davies M, Guesalaga R, Holt S, (2018) Implementing key account management: Designing customer centric processes for mutual growth. London: Kogan Page.
- Marcos J, Davies M, Guesalaga R & Holt S (2018) Implementing Key Account Management: Designing Customer-Centric Processes for Mutual Growth. Kogan Page, ed. 1.
- Marcos J & Donaldson B (2015) Sales, Principles, Process and Practice. Palgrave, London, ed. 4th Edition.
- Lemmens R, Donaldson B & Marcos J (2014) From Selling to Co-Creation. BIS, Amsterdam.
- Baines P, Dimitriu R, Knox S, Macdonald E, Marcos Cuevas J, Marcos Cuevas J, Knox S & Ryals L (2012) Issues in sustainable marketing. In: Cranfield on corporate sustainability. Grayson D and Exter N (ed.), Sheffield: Greenleaf Publishing, p. 119-132.