Contact Dr Imran Zawwar
Imran Zawwar is an executive development strategist with experience in Asia, Middle East, Europe, and Australia. He is an Ex-military officer, and prior to his role with Cranfield, he was Director Executive Development Programmes and Head of Research at Madinah Institute for Leadership & Entrepreneurship (MILE) Saudi Arabia, where he led several executive and corporate development engagements/programmes.
As part of his role at Cranfield Imran leads the MiddleEast region for Cranfield Executive Development. He has worked on several key projects helping governments and other business entities address their needs.
Imran's research focuses on the strategic interaction between technological innovation and the role entrepreneurs and freelancers play in helping the countries to catch-up with the developed world. His teaching, research and consulting interests include business strategy, digital transformation and business model innovation.
Imran holds an MBA with two Academic Gold Medals; MS in Public Policy and Management from Carnegie Mellon University with Highest Academic Distinction and a PhD in Entrepreneurial Economics from Cranfield School of Management.
• Zurich Plc
• Namaa Al-Munawara, KSA (an organisation of HRH Prince Faisal Bin Salman, the Governor of Madinah)
• Human Resources Development Fund, KSA
• SABIC, KSA
• Transport Education and Training Authority, South Africa
• United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)
• Saint James's Place Plc
Articles In Journals
- Zwarteveen JW, Zawwar I & Angus A (2021) Market entry for wind energy: strategic approaches for the original equipment manufacturer, Business Strategy and Development, Available online 13 October 2021.
- Zwarteveen JW, Figueira C, Zawwar I & Angus A (2021) Barriers and drivers of the global imbalance of wind energy diffusion: a meta-analysis from a wind power Original Equipment Manufacturer perspective, Journal of Cleaner Production, 290 (March) Article No. 125636.
- Burke A, Zawwar I & Hussels S (2020) Do freelance independent contractors promote entrepreneurship?, Small Business Economics, 55 (2) 415-427.
- Zawwar I & Munankarmi S (2012) International policy framework, Polish Journal of Management Studies, 6 (1) 101-112.
- Imran Z & Kittredge WP (2013) Making Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Sustainable. In: REGENT Business School International Conference, Durban, 6 October 2013.