Contact Dr Imran Zawwar
Imran Zawwar is an executive development strategist with experience in Asia, Middle East, Europe, and Australia. He is an Ex-military officer, and prior to his role with Cranfield, he was Director Executive Development Programmes and Head of Research at Madinah Institute for Leadership & Entrepreneurship (MILE) Saudi Arabia, where he led several executive and corporate development engagements/programmes.
Imran's current research focuses on the strategic interaction between technological innovation and the role entrepreneurs and freelancers play in helping the countries to catch-up with the developed world. His teaching, research and consulting interests include business strategy, entrepreneurial scale-ups and business model innovation.
As part of his role at Cranfield Imran leads the evidence-based research module engaging with the industry and corporate clients on the Management MSc Programme as a Thesis Module Convener. He has worked on more than 200 projects helping different organisations address their business needs.
Imran holds MBA with two Academic Gold Medals; MS in Public Policy and Management from Carnegie Mellon University with Highest Academic Distinction and a PhD in Entrepreneurial Economics from Cranfield School of Management.
• Volkswagen Financial Services Unit, UK
• Total Produce Plc, UK
• Varieties of Democracy (V-DEM), a project by the University of Gothenburg and the University of Notre Dame
• Abu Dhabi University Knowledge Group, UAE
• Namaa Al-Munawara, KSA (an organisation of HRH Prince Faisal Bin Salman, the Governor of Madinah)
• Gulf Business Network, KSA
• Transport Education and Training Authority, South Africa
• United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)
Articles In Journals
- Zawwar I & Munankarmi S (2012) International policy framework, Polish Journal of Management Studies, 6 (1) 101-112.
- Imran Z & Kittredge WP (2013) Making Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Sustainable. In: REGENT Business School International Conference, Durban, 6 October 2013.