Contact Dr Imran Ali
Imran holds first degree in computer engineering and masters in telecommunication engineering. He won the most prestigious Dr. Glyn Rowlands Scholarship for undertaking his PhD.
Prior to joining Cranfield University, Imran worked as part time lecturer in Aberystwyth University, UK. He also worked as a lecturer at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia. Imran is committed to undertake high quality research. Over the past couple of years, he has successfully managed to publish in high ranked peer reviewed journals and conferences. He also have got more than 5 years of practical telecom industry experience in the field of enterprise network solution designing for multinational global accounts at SIEMENS. He is certified solution consultant by Siemens Germany.
Imran has lived in Germany, Australia, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. This has provided him the experience of working with different cultures and teams and the challenges for handling versatile technology projects in different environments.
Imran’s research interest focusses on integration of manufacturing supply chain data with real time information visibility. Recently have completed projects on integrating social media and distributed warranty data of complex car manufacturing by cloud technology, optimization of global supply chain design to match customized product architecture and identification of barriers in global supply chain for developing countries. Imran employ’s both qualitative and quantitative methods of research by proficiently using technologies such as SPSS, Stata, NVivo, R and Tableau.
Inventory and Operations Management
Analytical Techniques for Supply Chain Management
Information Systems and eBusiness
Business Process Outsourcing
Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Concepts
Supply Chain of the Future
Management Research Methods
Imran is currently working on a Sedex collaboration project for identifying the latest technology trends and its impact on managing sustainable supply chains.
Imran is also working on DHL Express Germany project for Cross border ecommerce in Europe.
Articles In Journals
- Nishikant M, Singh A, Kumari S, Govindan K & Ali SI (2016) Cloud-based multi-agent architecture for effective planning and scheduling of distributed manufacturing, International Journal of Production Research, 54 (23) 7115-7128.
- Singh A, Nishikant M, Syed IAi, Nagesh S & Ravi Sr (2015) Cloud computing technology: Reducing carbon footprint in beef supply chain, International Journal of Production Economics, 164 462-471.
- Ali SI & Ali SR. (2013) Strategy and Factors Affecting the Supply Chain of Manufacturing Industries in Saudi Arabia, European Journal of Business and Management, 5 (30) 63-77.
- Ali SI & Ali SR. (2013) Is Supply Chain Management Important To Implement In Manufacturing Industries of Saudi Arabia?, European Journal of Business and Management, 5 (27) 58-64.
- Ali SI. (2013) Post Implementation Performance Evaluation of Enterprise Resource Planning in Saudi Arabian Public University, Information and Knowledge Management, 3 (11) 6-14.
- Syed Imran Ali & Abdilahi Ali (2019) Integrating Social media and warranty data for fault identification in automobile sector. In: Connecting the Operations Management & Supply Chain Management World in Divided Times, Brighton, 2-4 September 2019.
- Ali SI, Christie M & Ali A (2016) Cloud-based Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) Framework for Fault identification in distributed manufacturing. In: International Conference on Business, Economics, Management and Marketing (ICBEMM) 2016), Oxford University, 15-17 August 2016.
- Ali SI & Mishra N (2015) Design of multi-agent based cloud integrated manufacturing system (CIMS) for new product development. In: 3rd International Academic Conference in Paris, Paris, 10-11 August 2015.
- Ali & SI (2013) Adoption of cloud computing in manufacturing industry supply chains, a hype or a myth?. In: Second International Conference on Future Generation Communication Technologies, London, 12-13 December 2013.