Contact Dr Iain Davies
- Email: email@example.com
Iain joined Cranfield from a major consultancy where he specialised in business strategy and development. He has a PhD in Strategy and Marketing from Nottingham University, where he maintains a role as a Visiting Research Fellow.
Prior to consulting Iain enjoyed a period as a civil servant as a Legal Policy Advisor in the Banking Sector and working in sales and marketing in the fair trade industry.
He has research interests as the principal researcher for the Key Account Management Best Practice Research Club and as a member of the Cranfield University Corporate Responsibility Network. He has published in leading academic journals including Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Marketing Management and the European Journal of Marketing. He is also the Marketing Trainer for the Institute of Mechancial Engineers and a Member of the Academy of Marketing Business-to-Business Special Interest Group and Academy of Management: Social Issues in Management Group.
He specialises in coaching Business-to-Business Marketing - particularly Account Management and Sales Performance - and Marketing Ethics - focused on Social Entrepreneurship and Ethical Brand Management.
Articles In Journals
- Davies I, Ryals L & Holt S (2010) Relationship Management: a sales role, or a state of mind? An investigation of functions and attitudes across a business-to-business sales force, Industrial Marketing Management, 39 (7) 1049-1062.
- Davies I, Doherty B & Knox S (2010) The rise and stall of a fair trade pioneer: The Cafedirect story, Journal of Business Ethics, 92 (1) 127-147.
- Davies I & Ryals L (2010) The Role of Social Capital in the Success of Fair Trade, Journal of Business Ethics, 96 (2) 317-338.
- Ryals L & Davies I (2010) Do you really know who your best salespeople are?, Harvard Business Review, 88 (12) 34-35.
- Ryals L, Davies I & Ward R (2009) Good behaviour brings rewards, Winning Edge.
- Storbacka K, Ryals L, Davies I & Nenonen S (2009) The changing role of sales: viewing sales as a strategic, cross-functional process, European Journal of Marketing, 43 (7-8) 890-906.
- Ryals LJ, Davies I, Woodburn & D (2009) Transitioning to KAM, Winning Edge 28-31.
- Ryals L & Davies I (2009) Successful Selling Behaviours, Winning Edge (May) 10-10.
- Wilson H, Daniel E & Davies I (2008) The diffusion of e-commerce in UK SMEs, Journal of Marketing Management, 24 (5-6) 489-516.
- Davies I (2007) The eras and participants of fair trade: an industry structure/stakeholder perspective on the growth of the fair trade industry, Corporate governance: the international journal of business in society, 7 (4) 455-470.
- Ryals LJ & Davies I (2010) How Companies Implement KAM: A Four-Stage Model. In: Academy of Marketing Science Conference 2010, Portland, Oregon, 26 May 2010.
- Knox S & Davies I (2009) The Rise and Stall of a Fair Trade Pioneer: the Cafedirect Story. In: 5th Thought Leaders International Conference in Brand Management, Athens.
- Davies I (2009) CSR in SMEs: investigating employee engagement in fair trade companies. In: 2009 Academy of Management annual meeting: green management matters, Chicago, IL, 7 August 2009.
- Ryals L & Davies I (2009) What sales people actually do: Observations from live sales incidents. In: Academy of Marketing Science - World Marketing Congress, Oslo.
- Ryals L & Davies I (2008) Strategic intent in key customer/supplier relationships. In: 37th European Marketing Academy Conference (EMAC 2008), Brighton, 27-30 May 2008.
- Ryals L & Davies I (2007) Implementing KAM successfully: How companies develop great customer relationships. In: Academy of Marketing Conference, Kingston upon Thames.