Contact Dr Carmine Basile
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x2198
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @carmine_basile
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carmine-basile-8666865/
Carmine is a Lecturer in Marketing within the Centre for Strategic Marketing and Sales. Prior to this post, he was a post-doctoral fellow serving as the lead researcher on an academia-industry collaboration project between Cranfield University and world's third largest marketing and communication group Publicis Groupe. Carmine has designed and delivered lectures in the areas of strategic management, managerial capabilities and negotiation for postgraduate and executive courses held in the UK and abroad. He currently teaches Strategic Marketing on the Executive MBA and he is the incoming director of the Cranfield Customer Management Forum.
Prior to joining academia, Carmine worked in his family-owned business serving in various capacities, and then moved into consulting gaining experience in both the private and public sectors.
Carmine holds an MEng in Structural Engineering (University of Calabria), an MSc in Knowledge Management for Innovation, an MSc in Research and a PhD in Strategy, all from Cranfield University.
Carmine is actively involved in several research projects and has presented his work at premiere management conferences. His interests lie in two broad areas:
Inter-Subgroups Dynamics: he explores the role of diversity in team decision-making by seeking to answer questions such as "when and how team members' attributes matter for relevant processes such as inter-subgroups interaction, affective reactions and integration of different perspectives?"
Organisation Design: he focuses on the transformation of the marketing organisation in a digitally enabled world. Key questions that he is seeking to answer include: which industry and environmental factors determine the forms of organising needed to get closer to customers and respond quickly to their needs/wants? Which organisational and managerial factors enable firms undergoing digitalisation to adapt their existing business model? How the digitalisation of business activities has changed the role of the Chief Marketing Officer and, more in general, marketing practices within organisations?
- Basile C, Reinmoeller P, Deichman D & Agneesens F (2017) Well begun is half done? A repeated measures study of team faultline, identity salience, subgrouping behaviour and their effects on performance. In: Strategic Management Society Special Conference - Milan, Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi - Milan, 31 March - 1 April 2017.
- Basile C & Reinmoeller P (2017) It's about 'who agrees with whom and when': opening the black-box of group consensus during strategic decision-making. In: British Academy of Management (BAM) Conference 2017, Warwick, 5-7 September 2017.
- Basile C & Reinmoeller P (2017) Holes between 'us' and 'them': the role of group social capital in the activation of demographic faultlines. In: 77th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, 2017, Atlanta GA, 4-8 August 2017.
- Basile C, Reinmoeller P & Deichmann D (2017) Early split wins it: A repeated measures study of faultline activation and group performance. In: SMS Special Conference: Strategic Human Capital, Management Practices, Milan, 31 March - 1 April 2017.