Contact Dr Benoit Chevalier-Roignant
Dr Benoît Chevalier-Roignant is Lecturer in Finance at Cranfield School of Management. His research is at the intersection of corporate finance and industrial organisation, investigating how market uncertainty and strategic reactions affect a firm’s capital-budgeting decisions on capacity expansion, innovation investments, production flexibility and market entry in uncertain competitive environments. Benoît has published peer-reviewed articles in top journals such as Operations Research (ABS 4*), Production & Operations Management (ABS 4) and the European Journal of Operational Research (ABS 4). He also co-authored “Competitive Strategy: Options and Games” (with Lenos Trigeorgis) published at The MIT Press. “Competitive Strategy” has been selected among the best books in strategy by strategy + business (Issue 69, Winter 2012), the management magazine published by the strategy consulting firm PwC Strategy&.
Benoit joined Cranfield after several years at King’s Business School, King’s College London. He obtained his PhD (“Dr.rer.pol.”) from WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, a diploma (“Diplom-Kaufmann”) from WHU and a Master's in Management with a concentration in Finance from emlyon business school. Benoît was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Texas at Dallas and a visiting scholar at MIT Sloan School of Management, The University of Chicago Booth School of Business and Kellogg School of Management (Northwestern University).
Beside his academic track record, Benoit has year-long professional experience in professional services firms such as L.E.K. Consulting, EY and Oliver Wyman, with an extensive expertise on private equity transactions.
Articles In Journals
- Chevalier-Roignant B, Flath CM & Trigeorgis L (2019) Disruptive innovation, market entry and production flexibility in heterogeneous oligopoly, Production and Operations Management.
- Bensoussan A & Chevalier-Roignant B (2018) Sequential capacity expansion options, Operations Research, 67 (1) 33-57.
- Chevalier-Roignant B, Flath C, Huchzermeier A & Trigeorgis L (2011) Strategic investment under uncertainty: A synthesis, European Journal of Operational Research, 215 (3) 639-650.
- Bensoussan A & Chevalier-Roignant B (2013) Real options with time and scale flexibility. In: Real options, ambiguity, risk and insurance, IOS Press.
- Chevalier-Roignant B & Huchzermeier A (2012) Capacity-adjustment decisions and hysteresis. In: The Strategic CFO: Creating value in a dynamic market environment, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Chevalier-Roignant B & Trigeorgis L (2011) Competitive Strategy: Options and games. The MIT Press.