Contact Dr Anurag Tewari
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754072
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anurag holds a B.Tech in Chemical engineer from Sir Harcourt Butler Technological University of Kanpur (HBTI Kanpur) and a PhD and double masters (an MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain and an MRes in Management) from Cranfield University.
He began his career as a supply chain executive in the automotive surface coating division of Asian PPG Ltd. After having gained diverse industrial and academic experience, Anurag joined a PhD in the Complex Systems Research Centre at Cranfield University. His doctoral research focuses upon the complex and evolutionary aspect of supply chain networks and the mediating role of micro agent interactions in determining the co- evolutionary and self-organizing network behaviours. After the completion of his PhD, Anurag joined Complex System Research Centre as a Research Fellow where he was involved with projects investigating complex engineering resilience and complexity dynamics of energy, water, environment and food nexus.
His current academic interest lies in the study and modelling of supply chain emergence, self-organization and co-evolution. His particular expertise is in the modelling, visualization and interpretation of large complex systems.
Anurag is currently working on factors contributing towards the initiation and propagation of supply chain disruptions and on the aspects of supply chain transformation, emergence, co-evolution and self-organization.
Complex supply chain networks
Risk, vulnerability, robustness and resilience
Behavioural aspects of supply chain performance
Data analytics and machine learning
Articles In Journals
- Punzo G, Tewari A, Vasile M, Purvis A, Mayfield M, Varga L, (2020) Engineering resilient complex systems: the necessary shift toward complexity science, IEEE Systems Journal, Available online 01 January 2020.
- Gurbic T, Varga L, Hu Y & Tewari A. (2019) Micro-generation technologies and consumption of resources: A complex systems’ exploration, Journal of Cleaner Production, Available online 3 November 2019.
- Hu Y, Tewari A, Varga L, Li H & Yan J (2017) System dynamics of oxyfuel power plants with liquid oxygen energy storage, Energy Procedia, 142 (December) 3727-3733.
- Tewari A, Ghadge A & Bourlakis M (2019) Supply chain emergence: A reconceptualisation and evidence from practice. In: 24th International Symposium on Logistics, Würzburg, 14-17 July 2019.
- Tewari A, Varga E & Denyer D (2017) Influence of Micro Agent Behaviours on Macro Organizational Outcomes: A Study of Supply Chain Disruptions Using a Complexity Perspective. In: EURAM 2017, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, 21 June 2017.
- Varga E & Tewari A (2017) The ability of models to predict the effects of policy decisions. In: M2D Conference on Decision Making Under Uncertainty, Exeter University, 11 July 2017.
- Punzo G, Tewari A, Butans E, Mayfield M & Varga L (2017) Resilient and complex infrastructure: conjugating opposite ends of the spectrum. In: 3rd International Conference on Urban Sustainability & Resilience, Bloomsbury, London, 13-14 June 2017.
- Tewari A & Varga L (2016) Mechanism of supply chain resilience and vulnerability. In: EURAM, 2016, Universite Paris est Creteil, Paris, 1-4 June 2016.
- Tewari A & Varga L (2016) Agents and Schemas: A study of upstream supply chain disruptions. In: 23rd EurOMA Conference, 2016, Trondheim, 17-22 June 2016.
- Gonzalez de Durana J, Rey R, Barambones O, Tewari A, Varga L & Kremers E (2014) Agent-based modelling of the energy network for hybrid cars. In: Energy Systems Conference, London, 24 June 2014.