Annmarie is an academic and practitioner in digital marketing strategy and the application of social media for business.
Originally a graduate in French and Linguistics from University of London, Annmarie gained a Master’s in Business Administration, focusing on marketing planning. She studied for the Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma for which she won the Worshipful Company of Marketors’ award for the best results worldwide. She subsequently gained a distinction for the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s E-Marketing Award and her PhD investigated social media marketing within organisations and she was awarded the Mais Scholarship.
As Course Leader for Social Media Management on the International Executive MBA programme at the University of St Gallen, she planned, designed and delivered this intensive elective course.
She has run her own consultancy for over twenty years and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, a Member of the Marketing Institute Ireland and a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Marketors. Annmarie has presented keynotes talks for the Institute of Directors, Chartered Management Institute and has delivered guest lectures on social media at the universities of Nottingham and Loughborough.
Annmarie provides practical consultancy and executive training in the use and application of digital marketing tools; Digital Strategy, Facebook for business, Blogging and Content Strategy for companies including advertising agencies, recruitment companies, charities (Age UK, Shelter, Air Ambulance, British Red Cross), B2B (Coats Plc, London Mint Office, Travis Perkins, Airbus), financial services (VISA, Tesco, Virgin Money, M&G, Skandia), media (News UK, TSL Education, Discovery Channel, Financial Times ), hospitality (Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Eurotunnel).
She teaches digital and social media at Cranfield School of Management on the MSc Strategic Marketing. Annmarie is also the Senior Examiner for Digital Strategy for the Chartered Institute of Marketing, responsible for assignment creation and managing a team of external examiners.
Her research interests include:
- The business application of social media; and
- Digital transformation within organisations.
Over the last twenty years Annmarie has worked on marketing consultancy projects in the UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Italy and the United States, with clients from sectors including construction, legal and tax services, software, financial services, pharmaceuticals, communications, health, leisure, media and IT.
- Hanlon A. & Jones K. and Lawson A. (2019) A Social Media Affordances Maturity Scale for Organisations (forthcoming). In: BAM 2019: Building and Sustaining High Performance Organisations in Uncertain Times: Challenges and Opportunities, Birmingham, 3-5 September 2019.
- Hanlon A & Foster C (2018) Technology mediated online service interactions in travel companies: Select software sensibly. In: THE INC (Tourism Hospitality & Events International Conference), Buxton, 26-28 June 2018.
- Hanlon A, Longbottom D & Lawson A (2016) The radical marketing manifesto. Say sorry and adopt software. In: Academy of Marketing Conference 2016, Newcastle, 4-7 July 2016.
- Hanlon A, Longbottom D & Lawson A (2015) A framework for social media network selection to add value to business to consumer companies. In: Academy of Marketing Conference, Limerick, 7-9 July 2015.
- Hanlon A (2019) Digital Marketing: Strategic Planning & Integration. London: SAGE Publications.
- Hanlon A (2018) Social Media Marketing. In: Marketing Graffiti, Oxford: Routledge.
- Hanlon A (2016) Market Sensing via Social Media. In: Alternative Market Research Methods: Market Sensing, Oxford: Routledge.
- Hanlon A (2014) Quick Win Social Media Marketing. Cork, Ireland: Oak Tree Press.
- Hanlon A (2009) Quick Win Marketing. Cork, Ireland: Oak Tree Press.
- Hanlon A & Akins J (2009) Quick Win Digital Marketing. Cork, Ireland: Oak Tree Press.