Tazeeb has written various books, academic papers, book chapters, reports and white papers. His research has been reported in the commercial press, including the Irish Times and Financial Times. He has gained a broad range of executive teaching experience, e.g. IT, energy, casinos, consumer goods, automotives, pharmaceuticals, aerospace and hospitality. He has taught and facilitated many discussions with executives from major organisations such as Oracle, IBM, EDF Energy, Royal Sun Alliance, Henkel, Jaguar Land Rover, Actavis, Visa, Groupe Aeroplan, China Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC), Central Bank of Nigeria, Rank Group, EY, PwC, Stanbic IBTC, United Nations (UN) and others. He has lived and worked in Portugal, Kenya and the UK. He has industrial experience in strategy consulting, project finance, corporate finance and international management, specifically from UK and Portugal. While in industry, he has worked with numerous public and private sector clients, amongst them Transport for London, London Underground, Ministry of Defence, Intercontinental Hotels, Suffolk County Council, Volvo and Nestle. He has previously studied at the University of Surrey, University of Nottingham, University of Cambridge (Visiting PhD scholar) and has a PhD from Imperial College London. He is also an active member of UK India Business Council, Strategic Management Society and Academy of Management. He is also a Fellow of HEA and Fellow of CMI.
Tazeeb is a Senior Lecturer in Strategic Management, the Director of Executive MBA and Director of the 'Creating Strategic Advantage' executive programme. He also is Director of the Government Affairs Research Club at Cranfield. He holds or has held visiting faculty positions at London Business School, Kings College London, University of Warwick, ALBA (Greece), EM Lyon (France), ESMT, University of Notre Dame, Strathmore University (Kenya), Royal Holloway (University of London) and University of Nottingham. He has been a Director of Strategy at a high-tech start-up, where he still holds an advisory position. Prior to these roles he held a management position at KPMG Corporate Finance, where he was an Innovation Champion and member of the Thought Leadership group at KMPG Europe. His unique role at KPMG also included managing large complex projects globally with a particular focus on Corporate Finance.
Royal Sun Alliance
Jaguar Land Rover
China Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC)
Central Bank of Nigeria
United Nations (UN)
Nigerian Pension Commission
Articles In Journals
- Rajwani T & Liedong T (2015) Political activity and firm performance within nonmarket research: A review and international comparative assessment, Journal of World Business, 50 (2) 273-283.
- De Villa MA, Rajwani T & Lawton T (2015) Market entry modes in a multipolar world: Untangling the moderating effect of the political environment, International Business Review, 24 (3) 419-429.
- Liedong TA, Ghobadian A, Rajwani T & O'Regan N (2015) Toward a View of Complementarity: Trust and Policy Influence Effects of Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Political Activity, Group and Organization Management, 40 (3) 405-427.
- Rajwani T, Lawton T & Phillips N (2015) The "Voice of Industry": Why management researchers should pay more attention to Trade Associations, Strategic Organization, 13 (3) 224-232.
- Doh J, Lawton T, Rajwani T & Paroutis S (2014) Why your company may need a Chief External Officer, Organizational Dynamics, 43 (2) 96-104.
- Stadler C, Rajwani T & Karaba F (2014) Solutions to the exploration/exploitation dilemma: Networks as a new level of analysis, International Journal of Management Reviews, 16 (2) 172-193.
- Amaeshi K, Adegbite E & Rajwani T (2014) Corporate Social Responsibility in Developing Economies: Do Institutional Voids Matter?, Journal of Business Ethics, 134 (1) 1-19.
- Lawton T, Rajwani T & Doh J (2013) The antecedents of political capabilities: A study of ownership, cross-border activity and organization at legacy airlines in a deregulatory context, International Business Review, 22 (1) 228-242.
- Lawton T, McGuire S & Rajwani T (2013) Corporate Political Activity: A Literature Review and Research Agenda, International Journal of Management Reviews, 15 (1) 86-105.
- Lawton T, Rajwani T & Reinmoeller P (2012) Do You Have A Survival Instinct? Leveraging genetic codes to achieve fit in hostile business environments, Business Horizons, 55 (1) 81-91.
- Doh J, Lawton T & Rajwani T (2012) Advancing Nonmarket Strategy Research: Institutional Perspectives in a Changing World, Academy of Management Perspectives, 26 (3) 22-39.
- Lawton T & Rajwani T (2011) Designing lobbying capabilities: Managerial choices in unpredictable environments, European Business Review, 23 (2) 167-189.
- Lawton T, Rajwani T & O'Kane C (2011) Strategic reorientation and business turnaround: The case of global legacy airlines, Journal of Strategy and Management, 4 (3) 215-237.
- Rajwani T & Ramdani B (2010) Enterprise 2.0: A Case of British Telecom, Journal of Strategic Management Education, 6 (2) 1-14.
- Rajwani & T (2010) The power of social technologies, Management focus (28) 22-23.
- Harrington D, Lawton T & Rajwani T (2005) Embracing and Exploiting Industry Turbulence: The Strategic Transformation of Aer Lingus, European Management Journal, 23 (4) 450-457.
- Liedong T, Rajwani T & White G (2015) The Contingent Value of Managerial Political Ties in Sub-Saharan Africa: A study of Ghana. In: Strategic Management Society Annual International Conference, Denver.
- Liedong T, Rajwani T & White G (2015) The Contingent Value of Managerial Political Ties in Private Debt Financing: Evidence from Ghana. In: Academy of Management, Vancouver.
- White G, Rajwani T & Hemphill T (2015) Political Tie Intensity and Regulator Vulnerabilities to Government interference: The moderating effects of regulatory and political distance. In: Academy of Management Conference, Vancouver.
- White G, Fainshmidt S, Rajwani T & Galang R (2014) Political network intensity fit and strategic performance: Evidence from wholly owned foreign subsidiaries in a volatile environment. In: Academy of International Business Annual Conference, Vancouver, BC.
- White G, Rajwani T & Hemphill T (2014) Political Ties and Regulator Vulnerabilities to Political Pressure: The Moderating Effects of Regulatory and Political Distance. In: Academy of International Business Annual Conference, Vancouver, BC.
- De Villa AM, Rajwani T, Lawton T & Mellahi K (2014) A Taxonomy of Adaptive Political Strategies: Managing Host Political Contexts in Emerging Economies. In: Academy of International Business Annual Conference, Vancouver, BC.
- Rajwani T & Paroutis S (2013) Institutional Conditions and Political Capabilities: An Examination of Airlines Reactions to 9/11. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Orlando.
- White G, Rajwani T, Fainshmidt S & Geland R (2013) Foreign Subsidiary Political Network Intensity, Strategic Fit, and Satisfaction with Performance in a Volatile Emerging Market Environment. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Orlando.
- Rajwani T, Lawton T & Phillips N (2013) Exploring Trade Associations: A Framework for Understanding Activity and Influence. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Orlando.
- Rajwani T & De Villa AM (2013) Adaptive Strategies: An Empirical Study into Reactive Corporate Political Activity. In: Strategic Management Society Annual Conference, Atlanta.
- Rajwani T, Lawton T, McGuire S & Lindeque J (2012) Nonmarket strategies and industry effects in the 21st century: explicating corporate political activities across sectors. In: Academy of International Business 2012 Annual Meeting, Washington, DC.
- Rajwani T & Paroutis S (2012) Institutional effects on developing political capabilities: the case of European airlines on the aftermarth of 9/11. In: Strategic Management Society Conference, Prague.
- Amaeshi, K, Rajwani, T, Adegbite & E (2012) Corporate social responsibility in emerging economies: do institutional voids matter?. In: Academy of International Business (UK&I), Liverpool.
- Lawton T, Rajwani T & Igasi M (2011) Institutional Effects during International Expansion: An Integrative Model of Value Erosion. In: Strategic Management Society 31st Annual International Conference, Miami, FL.
- Rajwani T, De Villa Correa MA & Lawton T (2011) Exploring Market Entry Modes: Antecedents, Moderators and Future Research. In: European Academy of International Business, Bucharest.
- McGuire, S, Lindeque, J and Rajwani & T (2011) Firms and International Regimes: Transnational Corporate Political Activity and the World Trade Organization. In: British Academy of Managemeny Annual Conference 2011, Birmingham.
- Rajwani T, Lawton T & Phillips N (2011) The influence of trade associations: Towards a framework for understanding activities and impact. In: EURAM 2011 - 11th European Academy of Management Annual Conference, Tallinn.
- Rajwani T & De Villa Correa M (2011) Managerial perceptions and crisis management: Adapting strategic responses at four Colombian organizations. In: Strategic Management in Latin America Conference, Bogota.
- Lawton T, Rajwani T & Phillips N (2011) The Influence of Trade Associations: Towards a framework for understanding activities and impact. In: British Academy of Management Annual Conference, Birmingham.
- Rajwani, T and Rompas & S (2010) What drives "valuable" resources to lose their value? The concept of value erosion. In: Strategic Management Society 30th Annual International Conference, Rome.
- Rajwani T & Lawton T (2009) Developing and exercising dynamic political capabilities: the case of European airlines. In: 2009 Academy of Management annual meeting: green management matters, Chicago, IL.
- Rajwani T & Lawton T (2009) Strategy, structure and performance in trade associations: an implicit configuration framework for coordinating influence. In: Strategic Management Society 29th Annual International Conference, Washington.
- Rajwani T & Lawton T (2009) Developing and exercising political capabilities: the case of European airline deregulation. In: Strategic Management Society 29th Annual International Conference, Washington.
- Rajwani T & Lawton T (2008) Contextual Connectedness and Management Attention: Explicating lobbying in a predicable policy context. In: Strategic Management Society Annual International Conference, Cologne.
- Rajwani T & Lawton T (2007) Unbundling the development of a lobbying capability in an exogenous policy context: 2000-2005. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting 2007, Philadelphia.
- (2015) The Routledge Companion to Non-Market Strategy.
- Lawton T, Doh J & Rajwani T (2014) Aligning for Advantage: Competitive Strategies for the Political and Social Arenas. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Harrington D & Lawton T and Rajwani T (2007) Embracing and Exploiting Industry Turbulence: The Strategic Transformation of Aer Lingus. In: Strategic Management in Aviation. Thomas C. Lawton (ed.), Ashgate Publishing.
- Harrington, D, Lawton, T and Rajwani & T. (2005) Aer Lingus. In: Irish Cases in Entrepreneurship. Thomas M. Cooney, (ed.), Blackhall Publishing..