Women as Leaders is led by Cranfield leadership experts who have worked with women’s leadership development since the early days of interest in this field. Read more Read less
Strategies for career success
Cranfield has 25 years of research into women’s leadership and this programme draws on this expertise. The programme directors currently work internationally with clients who want to use the latest thinking on leadership practices in their senior roles.
This programme will: help you to think positively about developing leadership practices that are best fitted to your context; help you develop leadership practices that fit with your personal values and preferences; help you work with the political landscape in which senior leadership roles are embedded. It will provide you with the knowledge and mind-set to overcome the barriers to further success and to increase your promotional opportunities.
Women as Leaders integrates leading edge research with participants’ personal experiences to provide practical learning about leadership and how to navigate your way in complex executive roles.
At a glance
- 20 - 22 Nov 2018
- 21 - 23 May 2019
- 12 - 14 Nov 2019
- Duration2.5 days, residential
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£3,860 + VAT
What you will learn
- A clearer understanding of the challenges facing women leaders when taking up senior positions
- An opportunity to step back and consider what you need to do to ensure your leadership practice is tailored to your organisation and to your personal context, including an appraisal of what is important for you in your life and career at this time
- Learning about the latest thinking in leadership and engaging in group discussions, co-counselling sessions and facilitation groups to address your challenges using practical frameworks
- A unique opportunity to differentiate gender issues and organisational issues in your context through working with a group of women leaders experiencing similar challenges – where do we as women need to change and what needs to change in organisation practices and culture for women to advance – what are our roles as senior leaders in developing the widest possible talent pool
- Access to an elite network of female professionals to work with in the future.
- Doing leadership differently as a woman; the new leadership landscape
- Your aspirations and values as a leader
- Navigating in a male dominated organisation
- Political skills and networking in organisations
- Increasing personal presence
- Creating and maintaining resilience and well-being as a female leader.
Who should attend
- Experienced women professionals, managers and directors who want to accelerate their careers.
Accommodation options and prices
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University